A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.
Psychopaths tend to lack normal human emotions such as guilt. They are also often highly intelligent and skilled at manipulating others.
Also, psychopaths seem to appear normal. You would probably never guess there was something wrong with them.
Note, not all psychopaths are serial killers.
1. Glib, shallow charm
2. Grandiose sense of self-worth
3. Pathological lying
5. Lack of remorse for their actions
6. Emotionally shallow/ lack of affect
7. Callous/lack of empathy
8. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
(Socially deviant lifestyle)
9. Need for stimulation/prone to boredom
10. Parasitic lifestyle
11. Poor behavioral control
12. Sexually promiscuous
13. Lack of realistic, long-term goals
16. Juvenile delinquency
17. Early behavioral problems
18. Revocation ...
A psychopath can also be a sadist as well, which can make them even more dangerous and more violent. As there is a difference a sadist on its own can feel a small bit of remorse of that a psychopath cannot.
And most psychopaths are killers and dangerous, not all psychopaths are serial killers and homicidal maniacs.
A psychopath is on the same level and has similar traits to a sociopath such as being manipulative and inability to feel remorse and shame, but psychopaths are worse and most of them are murderous (but not always) while sociopaths are against society.
A psychopath can be identified by using the PCL-R Checklist, which contains the following characteristic traits:
1. Superficial charm and above average intelligence.
2. Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking.
3. Absence of nervousness or neurotic manifestations.
5. Untruthfulness and insincerity.
6. Lack of remorse or shame.
7. Antisocial behavior without apparent compunction.
8. Poor judgment and failure to learn from experience.
9. Pathological egocentricity and incapacity to love.
10. General poverty in major affective reactions.
11. Specific loss of insight.
12. Unresponsiveness in general interpersonal relations.
13. Fantastic and uninviting behavior with drink, and sometimes without.
14. Suicide threats rarely carried out.
15. Sex life impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated.
16. Failure to follow any life plan.
Psychopathy is in many cases also linked being a Sociopath, having Antisocial Personality Disorder, and Pseudopsychopathic Personality Disorder (also known as Frontal Lobe Disorder). The last of which is caused by lesions of the frontal lobe
Psychopaths enjoy trying to ruin their target's career and preventing people from associating with their target.
Psychopaths will usually bully people, using techniques including ostracizing them.
You'll find psychopaths in your workplace. Often, they'll all target only a specific individual. Their motives may never be known.
Psychopaths appear to work in groups. They'll select their target and attack them in any way they can, so long as they can't get caught.
Dozens of psychopaths tried to destroy Joe's career. Joe was jobless, solely due to the psychopath's actions