A TV show or movie which is done in anime style, but is not Japanese. Some consider Korean shows done in anime style to be proper anime, others consider it pseudo-anime.
Teen Titans is a pseudo-anime cartoon
White kids (mostly anime geeks and fat girls) who pretend to know so much about Japanese culture and who pretend to be Japanese. They do so by blurting out random, Japanese-sounding words and naming their made up anime characters with false Japanese names. They scribble random Japanese characters in an incorrect way in their notebooks at school, thinking it means something. These geeks are always bugging people by walking up to them and shouting "DESU DESU DESU!!!" in their faces.
They may fap constantly to hentai, furry porn, or some other crazy Japanese fetish. They also eat lots of California Rolls, Kalamari and Ramen, because those are the only Japanese foods they can think of. They also listen to music ranging from anime soundtracks to bizarre J-Rock.
Sure, it sounds like just a nerd in love with Japanese culture, but when he starts acting like he can speak and write Japanese when he doesn't know jack shit, then he's a Pseudo-Japanese kid.
Guy #1: Look at Freddrick over there, drawing his anime characters again. He named one of them Unochi Michimagi...
Guy #2: Pffftt, that kid is Pseudo-Japanese.
A person who is slightly a nerd or geek, yet can interact with modern society as if "normal" for his/her age. A Pseudo-Nerd can understand nerdy banter and usually interacts with the geeky topics, and can can shift to more "normal" topic such as sports or politics as if he was a different person. Pseudo-Nerds usually despise other social parties in both the nerdy category and the "normal category, such as Bro's, Skin-Heads, Weeaboos, and Fanboys, due to there closed-minded nature and super biased opinions. Pseudo-Nerds are pretty laid back people who love interesting discussions/debates, rarely give two-shits about "petty things" such as high school drama and which anime is better, and love to troll the other groups for personal enjoyment. Psuedo-Nerds are a rare breed that are vastly outnumbered by there "disliked" counter parts.
If one is a Pseudo-Nerd, usually one of the fallowing events will happen in there life-time:
1) Someone who is heading on a snowboard trip for the weekend with his friends and plays the newest pokemon video game during anytime free time he has.
2) Someone who watches the entire Cell Games Saga of Dragon Ball Z to prepare for the big Boxing game that night.
3) Someone who just after they had woken up with the biggest hangover with a ranked 9 girl next to him naked, decides it's the best time to finally take on the Water Temple in The Legend of Zelda.
4) Someone who after taking your girlfriend to see her favorite baseball team, tries to convince her to finally watch Cowboy Bebop with you instead of rushing home to see the latest episode of Jersey Shores.
The most highly-evolved form of pseudo-intellectual, correcting typos and writing about anime from their lofty ivory towers. Despite their claims to the contrary Wikipedians are an elitist cabal of pompous undergraduates, anime nuts and anal-retentives who derive meaning in their otherwise dull lives from incessantly editing and updating Wikipedia. All of the above can be confirmed by reading their biographical "user pages," where they display pedantic lists of their various heart-sinkingly inane interests in the same way a psychotic nutcase living in an attic would display shrunken heads.
Any changes to an article with which the Wikipedians disagree will throw them into confusion and panic, and it will be debated endlessly by them in their attempts to dissect and scrutinize every minutiae of human existence, no matter how worthless or trivial. This further strengthens their delusion that Wikipedia is an actual encyclopedia with any educational worth rather than a glorified video-gaming rumour mill.
A Wikipedian is the kind of person who sees a typo in an unthinkably obscure Wikipedia article at 3 in the morning, corrects it and feels really proud of himself. Console yourself with the fact that at least you're not like them.
Unless you are one of them, in which case you should probably get back to Wikipedia to write an article listing anime characters with "z" in their names or whatever the hell it is you people like to do.
Jtard is a general term to describe those who are overly obsessed with Japanese-"things".more...
"things" can be ANYTHING - so long as its somehow related to Japan, the Jtard will show a sudden heightened interest.
Common Symptoms of a Jtard are:
- complete obsession with "Japanese" things
- goes into COMPLETE denial when you tell a Jtard something they perceive to be Japanese isnt
- racist in the sense they believe Japanese is superior all others (ex. if an 'anime' isnt Japanese made, a Jtard will deem it a cartoon or of lessor value)
- express ridiculous love of the Japanese Culture (while having very little actual knowledge of it)
- express love for the Japanese language and often try but fail to learn it
- believes Japan is the most perfect utopia to have ever graced the Earth (without knowledge of political and social aspect of Japan society IRL)
- Completely ignorant to Japanese HISTORY (other than their favorable samurai anime era)
- has a huge stash of J-stuffs
- an Otaku
- falsely believes other Asian cultures are Japanese
- is extremely annoying to non-Jtard in their non-stop usage of pseudo-Japanese, anime-reference that no one understands, and misconceptions of actual J-culture
- Takes extreme offense to anything negative about Japan. The Jtard refuses to believe anything can be negative about Japan other their own preconceived notions.
- Lacks awareness of the real world events. View of world is thru an anime.
A derisive or mocking term used to describe movies or art which is lauded to be insightful, intelligent or complex but in fact comes off as pretentious. Born on the 4chan message boards with regards to the anime Evangelion. Some lauded it as an incredibly insightful work with multifaceted -if broken- characters and complex symbolism, while others simply felt the series' attempts at being symbolic fell flat and the character complexity was exaggerated; in essence, overrated LOLDEEP.
"The TV ending of the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime was so insightful and deep! I can't believe that they'd ever make such a complex examination of the human condition in a Japanese cartoon!"
"Hate to break it to you, but it was loldeep. The finale was just the writers trying to stitch together fragments of script with their middling animation budget and make some profound statement while doing so."
A not so attractive or stylish female who may be very book smart and get good grades, play RPGs or video games, watch a lot of science fiction, anime, and the history channel yet still manages to have a lot of sex (usually with nerd guys). Nerdsluts in high school can usually be spotted hanging around the ROTC room, art class, or helping teachers. Don't look for them in the lunch room which they avoid because the popular girls in large groups will make fun of them there.
"Hey do you want to come over after band class to help me work on my new dungeons and dragons character, play some GTA, study for chemistry and then get it on?" -Nerdslut