A word used in Virginia's 11th district with great frequency. Used by congressman Rep. William Cummings in a broadcast by The Onion News Network's O-span. Some of its various meanings include:
1. Good or very, at least in Virginia's 11th district
2. An unfortunate state of affairs
3. A writing utensil
4. A tax stimulus
5. The number three
6. Variant: Pronklem - a problem
7. Variant: Pronkrageous - outrageous
8. Variant: Pronksurd - absurd
9. In context, "Pronk of order" - out of order
11. Variant: Pronkspect - respect
2. "Failure to keep pace with our global competitors would be very pronked"
3. "Somebody hand me a pronk"
4. "Limited tax pronks for the nanotech infrastructure"
5. "Number pronk"
6. "is that a pronklem?
7. "That is pronkrageous"
8. "That is pronksurd"
9. "you're pronk of order"
10. "How dare you question my pronk?"
11. I demand pronkspect"
Or, all together:
"It is my pronkly held belief that as Thomas Jefferson said: 'All pronks living pronkfully within this land of pronk, have the right and pronkful duty to express themselves with pronk, in whichever pronking manner such pronk pronkably pronks pronkfully pronkifies them to pronk
Vivian: I didn't sleep much last night...
Clare: Me neither! All that pronking kept me up...
Used primarily in Virginia's 11th District - compare to Philidelphia's "Jawns"
Would Somebody hand me a Pronk?
Person A: Youre out of order!
Virginian: Well youre pronk of order!
the act of jumping into a thread/argument without bothering to read the whole of the thread and basically making a fool of yourself
first used on the glastonbury festival forum @2002 (now myfests) and originates from the kangaroo leap, and seems to encapsulate the act nicely - something without much grace and consideration, and is sometimes so clumsy it is funny.
topic title "how long for labour"
a pronk reply without reading the topic
bloody fascists! vote green!"