1. A newbie to an online forum who goes into overtime posting many short and usually meaningless posts in an attempt to raise their post count to pass the newbie stage ASAP.
2. A type of trolling or board saboteur where the intent of the person is to invade the forum with an annoying presence.
3. A person who is starving for attention in real life and compensates for their shortcomings in society by living in a forum and inserting their presence across the board everyday and sometimes all day. As soon as their post count breaches the highest recorded for the forum, they often begin to post frequently on the direction the board should take. It is not uncommon to see their avatars change frequently often with a theme of power. Forum members will begin to try to put the member in check but to no avail as the person is feeding off of their imaginary power to which they compensate for their lack of real world activity. (Most notorious for fitting this definition is the member: Bluto from getbig dot com)
4. A person, who feels their higher post count gives them added credibility in the forum, even over people who have contributed for much longer and as such they go to great lengths to increase their post count.
5. A post whore is a virtual attention whore. The attention whore brings the same attitude into online forums where they assert their “look at me” persona by invading the board with a large presence of posts.
Blutos are post whores of the worst kind.
A post whore is somebody who posts mostly meaningless messages consisting of one word or just emoticons. They have an unsaid ability to magically appear in any thread at any given time to add crucial arguements to the debate at hand. These said crucial arguements include ground-breaking conjectures such as "what," "oh," or a curiously little smilie who is blue, and yet neither happy nor sad.
GOD, Cicada, RoudyRuffKK, Dodgeboy, MarvinMartian, Chaotic Reality, Matt-AWD, WillyWonka, Count Grishnackh
1. Someone who posts on an online forum just for the sake of posting. He or she doesn't have to have any relevant or complete thought to post. As long as the post count goes up, he or she is happy.
Jatt is a post-whore on Acura-TL.com's forum.
Postwhore, or "post whore" is a term used widespread on internet forums to describe a person who measures seniority in a community by one's numerical postcount
Often confused with "attention whore
", a postwhore is marked by one's belief in postcount
as a caliber of rank.
Used widespread on internet message boards, the conjunction of the two words: "post" & "whore" was established to define what is a postwhore, as we know it.
a) A postwhore is not necessarily an attention whore.
b) The postwhores here will only accept you into the community after you have reached 1000 in postcount
1. One who goes on a message board and deliberately posts large quantities of posts with minimal meaning whatsoever.
2. The act of posting large amounts of meaningless posts.
I thought postwhoring wasn't allowed...
One who typically floods a message board with posts in order to gain a higher Post Count and to make themselves known in an environment of 5000 users.
Day 1: JohnnyPostWhore joins the board and introduces himself.
Day 2: JohnnyPostWhore has 3 posts.
Day 3: JohnnyPostWhore has 21 posts.
Day 4: JohnnyPostWhore realises no one even knows he exists
Day 5: JohnnyPostWhore has 56 posts.
Day 6: JohnnyPostWhore has 239 posts.
Day 7: JohnnyPostWhore has 1067 posts.
Day 8: JohnnyPostWhore's IP is banned for spamming.
1.operatenor 2.One with far too much spare time. 3. Person (?) who has trouble reconciling their place in the world with reality.
operatenor is the reigning postwhore.