Hmm. . .could be a tricky one. For the most part, posers are considered to be people who try to fit in with a certain subculture. The most common ones (subcultures) are goths
There is also other problems posers present:
1) People who are not trying to be a goth/skater/punk/emo etc. may run the risk of being verbally/physically assaulted by the said stereotype, because they believe that the person is a 'poser', and must therefore be eliminated.
2) It becomes difficult to tell the posers and the 'real thing' apart.
3) How do you define a poser? Someone who likes to wear black clothes and listen to more mainstream music than *and everyone shall die drowning in my river of tears slit blood autumn death hearbreak*
? Is anyone who likes to skate but is not crazy about it a poser?
1) I was in town today, and a crowd of 'non poser goths' started yelling that I was a poser, simply because I was wearing a black top. They did not take into account the fact that i had a bag which clearly displayed the words 'I Love Kelly Clarkson and Shayne Wark 4 Eva' in btight pink.
2) I saw two skaters today, and my friend told me one of them was a poser. I could not figure out which one it was, until the one on the left came up to me and said 'Yeah? You startin'? You ****ing chav, you ****ing poser'. I could soon make up my mind.
3) I decided to listen to a band that more than 5 people have heard of, and my goth older brother called me a poser and threw me down the stairs.
1.one who pretends to be someone whose not.
2. who tries to fit in but with exaggeration
An Avril Lavigne fan
"Like oh my god! She is not pop, dammit! She is totally punk rawk!"
Any one who does not follow his/her own ideas of what he/she likes. Following no one set norm makes you real and following no one set norm makes you poser. Poser is governed not by the clothes, music, or makeup you wear, but rather by the state of your mind and the conformity to your own beliefs.
Posers conform to the beliefs of others.
A person who attempts to blend into a specific social group.
Justin was such a poser-goth; sure, he comes to school in all black, but he doesn't even know who Edgar Allen Poe is.
a person - usually in middle or high school, who is insecure about him/herself and trys very hard not to be a "conformist" or a "prep," by doing things like: purchasing a skateboard or guitar, purchasing a great deal of clothing and accessories from hot topic, and listening to pop-punk bands such as simple plan, yellowcard, etc. usually, this supposedly "nonconformist" behavior just backfires on him/her, because now he/she is still conforming, just to a different group of people. so the moral of the story is to be yourself.
some people are posers.
Someone whos acts like someone theyre not,but not realizing that there being fake, basically a loser trying to fit in.
A poser green day fan,this applies to other poser bands--
Todd:have you heard american idiot?Thats the bestest song ever!
Bill:Have u even heard any other green day songs?
Todd:what other green day songs?
A poser is someone who tries hard to be something they arent. Usually, posers call other people posers because they are jealous that the person they called a poser is more skater/stoner/goth/punk/rocker/grunge/etc. than they will ever be.
One who attempts to appear to others as something they are not, especially by their manner of dress; a charlatan.
Take off that gold chain Julio, you're such a fucking poser!