1. Platonic state, quality, or condition. This quality describes relationships that are intellectually and emotionally intimate, while lacking romance and lust.
2. Collective term for platonic relationships.
3. Quality of being of or like Plato's philosophy. Platonic concepts.
(Please note: Platony has nothing to do with the Platypus. Completely separate etymology.)
1. a. There is a severe lack of platony in their relationship.
b. Our relationship has way too much platony.
2. a. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by platony.
b. I need more platony in my life.
3. If you'll listen, there's a lot of platony in my argument.