2. Fictional character from Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ.
2. Member of a subversive movement that seeks to undermine the traditional naming of years in relation to Christ's life (i.e. BC and AD to BCE and CE).
3. Guy who bitchslapped Christ, but not literally (i.e. other Romans actually did the bitchslapping for him).
2. Guy who wishes he had used the stock option instead of salary pay in his film contract.
3. Pilate: Ya, ok, the son of God? Christ? You sure have some nerve calling yourself that. Tony, Biagio, get this guy outta here.
Pronounced: Pie-leht! (Exclamation mark very important.)
15th Century Chinese Pirates : Bad-ass mothers pwning Ming dynasty trading ships and making everyone their bitches.
21st Century Chinese Pirates : Predominantly inbred layabouts taking a back seat to Somali fishermen-come-terrorists. The Somali pirates however have a lot to learn when negotiating with the U.S. Navy - U.S. Navy snipers 3, Somali Pirates 0.
Common misconception: The term Pilot involves flying aircraft and has nothing to do with being a 'Pilate!'. Airborne piracy is notoriously difficult and if you fall overboard, it is often a long way down. On the plus side you do not need to learn how to swim. Ever.