(2) a faux psychedelic jam band from the suburbs of Main Line New Englend that think they're "funky." They have some good songs, and I'll admit those boys can jam, but come on! They're so overrated! Most of their fans are also "funky" suburban soul brother wannabe hippies who actually have no idea what true funk is. In fact, many Phish fans I know hate real black funk bands like Parliament, JamesBrown, and the Ohio Players, and only like white jam bands like Phish, the String Cheese Incident, the Dead, and all those other posers.
Metal Man1: Hey man, there are lots of 26 year olds in fourth grade. You got any Marlboros?
comprised of phour incredibly talented muscicians
Page McConnell - Pianos
Trey Anastasio - guitars
Mike Gordon - Bass
Jon Fishman - drums
Phish sucks you say? Phuck you
go listen to it.
Phish is, first and foremost, a jam band. Concerts are made up of long periods of instrumental rocking and chord progression manipulation and expansion whereas studio versions of songs more often list more "filler" songs (although they are still good) and shortened versions of the huge concert warhorse pieces.
1) Trey Anastasio (Lead vocals, Guitar)
2) Mike Gordon (Bass, Vocals)
3) Page McConnel (Anything with a keyboard, Vocals)
4) Jon Fishman (Percussion, Vacume Cleaner)
Phish sampler songs (to get you into the band)
1) Run Like An Antelope
2) The Squirming Coil
3) You Enjoy Myself
4) Divided Sky
5) Mike's Song
In parallel to their beloved band, Phish fans have a reputation for carrying the mantle of the Dead Heads. This includes following there band on tours, setting up shop in the parking lot, partaking in anything that might enhance the concert experience (particularly, Marijuana, Ecstasy, LSD). Phans, as they have come to be known, can come from any background though. Neo-hippies and those of us who tend to conform a little more can unite at a Phish show. The sense of brotherhood and unity is welcome to anyone who can appreciate good music.
Phish stopped playing after their farewell tour Summer of 2006 that culminated in a final show at Coventry, Vermont.
"Here, let me pass you the bong so I can get out Picture of Nectar."
"We were stuck in traffic on the highway for hours trying to see Phish at the Great Went!"