1. Adjective: A group which is open to members of all sexual orientations or gender identities including straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transexual, or transvestite.
2. Noun: A person who is sexually interested in other people regardless of gender including males, females, transexuals, tansvestites, gender benders, hermaphrodites, intersexuals, androgenous people, and those with sex-chromosome anomaly such as klinefelter syndrome or turner syndrome.
3. Noun: A person who is a member of a pansexual group or a person who associates with people of all sexual orientations but is not necessarily interested in sex with people of all sexes or genders though they may be comfortable with public displays of affection (PDAs) or semi-public sexual activity which is not confined to their own sexual orientation.
4. Noun: One who perceives all activities and experiences as sexual.
5. Noun: One who believes that all consensual activities are ethical.
6. Noun. One who believes that all
human behavior stems from the sex drive.
7. Adj. Pertaining to a person, group, or idea fitting the above descriptions.
Derivation: From the greek "pan" (meaning "all") and the english "sexual"
Alternate forms: pansexuality pansexualism pansexualist pansexualize
XYZ is a pansexual BDSM education and support group. Any adult interested in the safe sane and consensual (SSC) practice of spanking, bondage, discipline, sadomasochism, domination & submission, polyamory, or fetishes, regardless of sexual orientation, is welcome to attend.
Membership in some alternative sexuality groups is restricted to people of a particular gender or gender preference but the pansexuals are comfortable around people regardless of sex, gender, or gender preference.
loving a person for WHO they are and not what they are
wishes to be compatable through mind.
"I love YOU for who you are."
The state of being sexually attracted to males, females, transexuals, transgenders, intersexes (hermaphroditic), transvestites, androgynes, etc...
Kind of like being bisexual, except bi only refers to two sexes.
I'm as pansexual as they get.
one who's affections, romantic platonic or sexual, are potentially geared towards anyone regardless of sex or gender identity.
allie's not bi, she's pansexual. and don't ya fergit it!
Basically, being attracted to not just two sexes like bisexual implies. They're attracted to ALL genders. This means the pansexual person is attracted to, or can be attracted to, males, females, intersexes, pangenders, androgynes, agenders, genderqueers, bigenders and many more.
1: Are you bisexual?
2: No, I'm pansexual. I like all genders, not just two like "bi"sexual implies. Because pan means all.
A pansexual is someone who isn't influenced by the binaries and labels surrounding gender and sexuality. This can mean attraction to anyone regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation. Some pansexuals take it a step further to be openly against those labels and definitions, considering them to be destructive and alienating.
During their date he was relieved to find out she was pansexual, and that sharing his transgendered status wouldn't be the hassle it often was with other people.
Though frequently defined as being a sexual orientation that accepts male, female, and anything else, pansexuality doesn't merely transcend typical gender binaries, but also refers to potential for love or attraction.
One knows if he or she is pansexual if one does not entirely regard gender, race, creed, etc.
Pansexuality is attraction on a more spiritual level, one might say, and focuses on who the target of affection is, rather than "what," as do other sexualities.
That being said, pansexuality and physical attraction--or a compulsion toward one sex more than the other--are not mutually exclusive; a pansexual can be attracted to someone physically and can have gender preferences for these attractions, just as those more concerned with physical attributes and/or genders often will additionally regard spiritual or personal attributes of potential lovers.
In summary, pansexuality is love for a person simply for who he or she is, with little to no concern for what he or she is.
Though Henry knew and recognized different genders, he didn't usually regard them in a romantic sense, since he was pansexual.
Pansexual - Pan (all) + sexual; possible misnomer