1. used as an ajective to describe something that is out of the ordinary
2. something that's bangin'
1. Damn, look at that ass, Tyra is OFF THA HOOK.
2. Yo, that party on 3rd and Main is OFF THA HOOK.
Wild, over the top
Shit, that party last night was off tha hook!
Awesome, cool, fun, no restraints
Man, our party is off tha hook!!
1. The act of not being prosecuted for a crime that one has committed.
2. The act of a telephone not being able to receive calls.
1. I'm off tha hook for murder one.
2. The god damn phone is off tha hook.
Something which is very good, amazing. Often used in reference to song lyrics, albums, movies etc.
"I love that new GangStarr album- its off tha hook."
Lowered punishement from a deed or a complete pardon from a deed.
i was let off the hook after the cops found out it wasnt my gun after all