Not mainstream; weird. Trying to be different; a rebel.
Nick Delahaye is not mainstream, he is obscure because he listens to crappy music.
1. Hard to understand: Difficult to understand because of not being fully or clearly expressed.
2. Indistinct: Not able to be seen or heard distinctly.
3. Unimportant or unknown: not important or well-known.
4. Known to few people: Unknown to most people, e.g. because of being hidden or remote.
5. Dim: dark, shadowy, or clouded.
1. An obscure passage in the manuscript.
2. Its outlines are obscure, but the object seems roughly cigar-shaped.
3. An obscure portrait painter.
4. An obscure object.
5. An obscure corner of the hall.
A commonly used word in the dictionary of the Hipster.
Used to define something that 'you wouldn't understand' or 'probably never heard of'.
Hipster: "Have you heard the new Peter Bjorn and John album?"
Hipster: "Figures. It's pretty obscure."