1) A city of about 20,000 where the only thing for the youth to do is to wait and hope that they graduate from high school sane and in one piece, (providing no bomb threats were actually serious, or not actually jumping over the railings of the deception pass bridge) where they would probably just get 5-8 more hours/week from their min. wage job flipping burgers, or bagging groceries which they got while in high school--why most get the hell out as soon they're handed their diploma.
2) A town that looks and acts like it's stuck 20 years behind any city off the island it's stuck on, Whidbey Island, with the exception of the Navy's presence and their CSI style investigative unit.
1) guy: so what's there to do in Oak Harbor?
o.h. native: It's Oak Harbor...
2) guy: so how's Oak Harbor?
o.h. native: same ole, same ol
guy: i'm sorry
A small, boring town home old people, navy people and filipinos. There's never anything to do and when there is you can bet over half the town will be at the event.
1: Hey, wanna go to Oak Harbor?
2: No, too many damn filipinos.
Worst place on earth next to Birmingham Alabama where that creep Antoine Dodson lives.more...
Oak Harbor has dutch roots and is a navy retirement town but their is many groups and cliques trying to claim oak harbor. Such as:
1. the "filipinos", but you may know them as flips, chinks, or "jackie chans. For some goddamn reason half of asia decided to invade whidbey island and specifically oak harbor. filipinos are easy to point out because their the midgets breakdancing on street corners and playing pokemon and doing math homework at starbucks.
2. the "Ricers" are a bunch of fuckin idiots. i guess one day the first "ricer" decided to get 500 bucks and buy a honda. This trend spread to many cigarette addicted creeps. Chances are if you see a honda and it sounds like shit then its a ricer, they also lower their cars and take their hubcaps off and loiter at many business parking lots because their all homeless or something.
3. The stupid black group. Not every black guy in OH is a stupid black guy, just the ones that think their hardcore gangsters and teach people how to "dougie". Easily the easiest group to spot because if you hear "Nigga nigga nigga" then its the black group. Their the most obnoxious and annoying group in OH, all they do is yell, sing black and yellow, and then yell more.
4. Skaterz. the only group of people i dont really mind. They do their own thing and they dont bother people. They smoke cigarettes in groups and always move together in packs.
A small city on Whidbey Island in Washington. Mostly inhabitted by asians, despite its dutch roots. there is also a navy base there. It isn't very diverse and has a horrible reputation, mostly for how boring it is, but in reality if you've spent enough time there you find legitamately enjoyable features about it, and it gains a certain charm.
new resident: Oak Harbor is small, too asian, and boring as fuck.
old resident: Oak Harbor isn't that bad and i enjoy living here.
A sailor on the USS Oak Hill that that takes it in the ass from the CPO's mess; also brings grody fat chicks over to his friends homes to "show off" his catch.
Pat is a Dirty Squid, he will have califlower on his dick and fiscular tearing in his ass when he gets back!
|6.||when in doubt, whip it out|
Common slang umong military enlisted to salute an approaching person in uniform when uncertain of their rank. Better to be safe than sorry. More common with the NAVY as Chief Petty Officers have gold anchors on their collars and are often mistaken for gold oak leafs (signifying a Lieutenant Commander or Major).
Bill- "Don't look now, but here comes an officer"
Larry-"No, it looks like a Chief Petty Officer from here"
Bill-"When in doubt, whip it out. Better to be on the safe side then to ignore him if he was an officer".
*Both saluting-"Good morning sir".
The Gold Coast is one of Chicago’s most affluent, upscale neighborhoods. It features some of the most exciting shopping opportunities including the beautiful Magnificent Mile, known for its high end shopping and striking landscaping. The Gold Coast is also home to world-class cultural institutions and unique boutiques that can be found on Oak Street.
In addition to the great panoramic view of the city skyline that the neighborhood offers, the Gold Coast is the home of Navy Pier, the John Hancock Building, the huge Water Tower shopping area and restaurant favorites like Gibson’s Steak House.
We went shopping on the Gold Coast for Christmas that year!