Nirvana's first album Bleach was realeased in 1989 but did not sell well. This is the only album (apart from a later album "Incesticide") to feature Chad Channing on Drums.
Nirvana Hit it big in 1991 with Nevermind (Which unfortunatly , in my opinion, is not as good as bleach) and the song Smells Like teen spirit. This is when Nirvana-mania hit the world and the band became a global sensation.
After Nevermind came Incesticide which was intended as a stop gap album following the success of Nevermind. This album is full of Out-takes, Demo's and Non-album singles along with John peel and mark goodier BBC radiio sessions.
In 1993 Nirvana release there long awaited second major label release In utero (Bleach was released through Sub - Pop records whereas Never mind and In utero were on DGC) . This album was a harsher sounding album then Nevermind (which is what Nirvana are all about)and gave us songs such as "Heart shaped box" and "all apologies"
On the 5th of April 1994 Kurt Cobain commited suicide (although some people say he was murdered (i will leave it to you conspiricy theorists)) at his Seattle home.
in November 1994 Nirvana released the MTV: Nirvana Unplugged album (recorded 6 months prior to kurts death)
Nearly 2 years later in Ocober 1996 the second posthumus Nirvana album From the muddy banks of the wiskah was realesed. This album was a selection of live recordings from shows around the world
In 2004 10 years after Kurts death Nirvana released a box set of 3 Cd's and 1 DVD called with the lights out (a line from Smells like teens spirit)
In 2005 an album of B sides and rareties called Sliver : the best of the box was released
Kurt Cobain often wore Flannel shirts
2. An extraordinarily brilliant Grunge rock band lead by Kurt Cobain, whose death is unknown but is predicted to be suicide. Their most successful release was 'Smells like Teen Spirit' but they also released plenty of other brilliant songs.
2. Oh god. More pop, rap and R&B songs. Can't we just have another Nirvana come along and save us?
1. Nirvana (the rock/grundge band) is probably one of the greatest rock bands in the 20th century. Led by mentaly and physicly tormented vocalist and guitarest kurt cobain, Nirvana rocked the main stream music for nearly 5 years.
Kurt Cobain has recently won the title of richest dead rockstar. He allegedly commited suicide at the peak of his fame. He was tormented sence childhood with the divorce of his parents and the way his parents acted as he grew up. This led ot many other problems including him living on the streets for almost a year at the age of 15. He was also tormnted with a severe stomach problem which is one of the reasons why he got hooked on Heroin. Cobain was alwas one to abuse substances and he did nothing about his addiction until his child, Frances Bean was to be born when he finally tried to quit. It didnt work. He could only go 10 minutes of sobriety before feeling withdrawl. His suicide was surrounded by strange things like he had so much heroin in his system that he couldnt have even had time to take the needle out of his arm before passing out, his shoes were on and he would have need to pull the trigger with his toe, and his suicide note had several strange things to it aswell. But, Courtney Love, who people think killed him, was half way across the continent at the time and at a rehab center to try to get off the heroin that Cobain got her addicted to. The shed that Cobain was found in, was locked from the inside. He found a way to kill himself, that is that.
there was signs of his suicidal future at the age of 12 when he would talk of suicide, rape, and other things normally not spoken of with such calmness.
Contrary to what people think, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Lithium, and Come As You Are are not the only songs that Nirvana put together. On there first album Bleach, the opening song About A Girl found its way onto the Greatest hits album self titled Nirvana. Other notable songs include All Apologies, In Bloom, You Know Your Right (also known as Over the Mountain, Moutain Top, and several other names), Heart Shaped Box, Rape Me, Polly, Drain You, On A Plain, Stay Away, Pennyroyal Tea, and several covors of The Meat Puppets and David Bowie on the MTV UnPlugged album.
And for all of you who hate MTV (I am included), there was a time when artists like Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Alice In Chains, and even Bob Dylan found there way there.
The band consisted of Dave Grohl on drums who is now in Foo Fighters, Krist Noveselic on bass, and of course Kurt Cobain.
2. Nirvana is a Hindu state of purity. It is reached when the soul is at peace with god and the universe and only when this is reached, can the person stop the process of reincarnation and proceed into the after life. One who has reached this stage is called a Guru. I personaly do not believe that but it seems like a very peaceful thought. Nirvana literally means at peace. (the reason why Cobain named the band that)
2. Nirvana is the ultimate stage of inlightenment and peace. It is when a person is at one with the universe and god and can then proceed to the after life. It's Hindu which is the 3rd largest religion in the world. the only thing i can connect to this would be the best high in the world. probably mixing heroin, pot, and some designer drug together to form the ultimate compound.
Although Nirvana's message was that they didn't want to be used just to make money. If you've barely heard any songs by them, get your ass to the store and buy the album simply titled Nirvana. It'll give you a taste of their music and if you like it, go and buy their fucking awesome albums.
me: "Fuck you, you probably don't even know what happened to him. Go rot in hell. You probably listen to fucking gay Paul Wall and that gay rap shit*. Nirvana rocks !! "
*Not all rap is shit.