1. (v) To perform something dastardly and underhanded.
2. (v) To steal.
3. (v) To shirk or sneak away from something.
4. (v) To hide.
5. (v) To kill someone in a silent manner.
6. (v) In MMORPGs, to pick up a dropped item that your character does not need and refuse to give it to someone in your party who is more in need, just for the hell of it.
7. (n) In modern US military slang, any member of a Special Forces group that is primarily involved in recon, sabotage or rescue going deep into enemy territory. This is rarely used, but common when referring to a Special Forces operative who is wearing what is also dubbed a "ninja suit" - a pair of matte black BDUs, usually with some face paint to go with it.
8. (n) A grossly misunderstood historical occupation, skewed by comic books and movies. The ninja was the ultimate pragmatist - lofty codes of honor and ritual suicide did not apply at all to him. They were highly adaptive, extremely physically fit and intelligent - taijutsu, or hand to hand combat, is only part of the entire science and art that is ninjutsu. The ninja also learned how to camoflague, fake accents, act, craft disguises, chemistry (for creating bombs and devices), various kinds of weapons training, wilderness survival, escaping all sorts of prisons and traps, building traps and much more. Young children were scouted and adopted into ninja clans at a very young age, typically around six to eight, if came across a need to swell ranks. While taijustsu was a small part of ninjutsu, it was nonetheless very practical and very comprehensive. A valid taijutsu system will have striking, grappling, joint locking and proper breathing exercises.
Everything that would benefit them, they would learn and assimilate. Indeed, as soon as Western firearms became available through a Chnese junk ship and the Japanese began to produce their own domestic arquebusiers and muskets, the ninja incorporated them. The stories of ninja using pistols and muskets are legion. To this day, modern ninjutsu-ryus such as Tokage-ryu (Who's headquarters is the Honbu Dojo and, very sadly, is devoured in controversy at the moment. The Grandmaster and all his senior students were all killed in a car accident while they were on a mountain trip. Much of the advanced teachings may be lost.) incorporate modern firearms training, mainly semiautomatic pistols and rifles.
Mythology built up around the legendary strength, agility, resourcefulness and even magic. Kunai and shuriken were made to distract and disable, not kill. The shuriken itself is designed so that it saws at the target, then flies off, NOT stick into his flesh. This coupled with the glint of the metal shuriken at night and no apparent evidence left on its target led people to create many myths about the ninja, like the ability of them to shoot lightning from their hands. The ninja meditation and Buddhist seals were taken as precursors of magical spells. Their ability to squeeze out of any amount of roping and vanish in solid steel bar cages served only to ignite the wild imaginations of rumor-spreaders, and the ability to stay still for days.
Another popular myth is that the ninja's primary job was as an assassin. This could not be any further from the truth. The ninja were used as spies, reconnaisance, sabotage and information gathering. In fact, no ninja assassinations have ever been recorded in history. We can any make vague guesses and assumptions, but the evidence that they worked primarily to gather information is staggering compared to the guesswork of figuring out who they might have killed.
The black ninja dogi also highly perpetuated in movies likely myth as well. The ninja would typically disguise himself as a peasant, merchant or samurai. If they did wear anything like what you see in the movies, it was probably a dark brown to match forests or a dark blue, since pitch black sticks out in even the blackest of night. But most likely, they probably just rubbed dirt or debris on themselves to break up their figure. Afterall, it'd be terribly suspicious if some guards found you sneaking around a castle dressed in an all black catsuit. Indeed, the records of ninjas fighting in organized military battles hold much more evidence than them carrying out separated individual assassinations.
1. Dan left to go to the bathroom, so I ninjaed an entire bottle of tabasco sauce into his Kool Aid.
2. I remember in third grade when me and Rob went to 7-11 after school, he ninjaed six candy bars when the clerk was pulling money out of the cash machine.
3. I don't feel like taking out the garbage. I'm gonna ninja out the window and hang out with my buddies.
4. Oh shit! Cops! Quick, hide the eggs! I'm gonna ninja in those bushes!
5. Last night in CounterStrike, Ron was crouching by the door in the bomb site. When the terrorist ran by he ninjaed him with a knife.
6. That little fuckface just ninjaed that Mantle of the Psychic Champion! And he's a fucking Barbarian!
7. Jesee's dad used to be a Navy SEAL ninja. He doesn't really talk about it, but there are some pictures of him with his graduating class in ninja suits after a training exercise.
8. Hattori Hanzo, also known as Masashige, was a very famous ninja. He was the jounin (Clan Leader) of the Iga Clan, and served the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu very loyally. He fought his first battle at 16, and went on to serve at the battles of Anegawa and Mikatagahara. He was nicknamed as 'Devil Hanzo' not only for his prowess, but also to distinguish him from another Tokugawa ninja, Watanabe Hanzo.
His successor and son Masanari was given the title Iwami-no-Kami, and his men became the guards of Edo Castle. Hanzo's reputation as a jounin who commanded a 200-man strong unit of Iga ninja grew to legendary proportions.
I gathered some facts about them:more...
Ninja don't sweat.
Bullets can't kill a ninja.
Ninja invented skateboarding
Only a ninja can kill a ninja. Regular humans are useless.
Ninja never wear headbands with the word "ninja" printed on them.
Ninja can breath underwater anytime they want.
Ninja can change clothes in less than 1 second.
Ninja don't smoke, but they do use smoke bombs.
Ninja always land on their feet. If they don't have feet they will land on their nubs.
Ninja invented the internet.
Ninja don't eat or drink very much, and they never have to go to the bathroom.
Ninja always move to America when making a new start as a non-assassin.
Ninja don't play sports. Unless killing is a sport.
Ninja can crush golfballs with 2 fingers, any two fingers.
Ninja have a bad temper when they lose at anything. They will usually cut off the winners head before they have time to gloat.
Ninja lie all the time. Even when the truth serves better, ninja will lie anyway.
Ninja swords are always straight with a square handle guard. Always. Curves are for girls.
Lack any personality
Fight skillfully with any object
Can remove a spleen in one swift motion
Live in your house secretly for days
Can remove their shadow if needed
Go anywhere they want instantly
Catch bullets in their teeth
Kill themselves if they make a noise
Can run 100 miles on their hands
Train 20 hours/day starting ...
- Ninjas can divide by zero
- ninjas dont walk the ground moves for them
- when ninjas do pushups, they dont push themselves up, they push the world down
- when it rains ninjas dont wet wet, the rain gets ninja
- what ever ninjas touch turns to gold
- Ninjas do not sleep, they wait.
- Ninjas tears cure cancer, too bad they never cry
- Ninjas donate alot of blood to the red cross, just not there own..
- Ninjas make onions cry
- Ninjas are allowed to talk about fight club
- Ninjas gave cats nine lives so they could kill them more.
- Bullets dodge ninjas
- Ninjas iron there shirts while wearing them
- Ninjas can predict the songs on there ipod shuffle
- Ninjas put pants on 2 legs at a time
- Ninjas play minesweeper with real mines
- Ninjas taught kool aid man how to break though walls
- Ninjas created the wheel. Twice.
- A ninja once recieved a hollywood star, he made the handprint when the cement was dry.
- Ninjas are circumcised. They perform it themselves.
- In an average living room there are 1,242 objects ninjas could use to kill you, including the room itself.
Ninjas can speak in wingdings.
An intense sexual position involving a man and a woman and a dildo, the way it is performed is
first, you turn off all the lighs in the room
second, you start banging the girl in the ass
third, you shove the dildo in her ass and pull out so she "does not know"
fourth, you jump to her side scream NINJA and punch her in the face.
Jenny:Damn, i got ninjad pretty hard last night.
Me: Yeah i fucking owned you
A mercenary or warrior who is trained in the art of ninjutsu, or a Japanese martial-arts style which involves stealth, speed, mastery of various weapons and poisons, efficient and deadly combat tactics, and the will to commit seppuku, or suicide, to defend the honor of a particular family or clan.
The ninja's movement was like the water rippling against the disemboweled corpse of the samurai who dared to challenge him.
Ninja were people of feudal japan trained in Ninpo or Ninjutsu. It was possible to use skills learned in assasination-which was done, but not coldly. Ninja's were japans peace keepers and information gathers-they would assasinate political powers that threatned peace of japan, and would often be recruited by a higher power (such as a warlord like Oda Nobunaga, or Ieyasu Tokugawa) to spy on enemy's and gather information. Ninja were originally called *Shinobi*, literally translating into a expert at information gathering. Ninja groups were divided into families and clans. The two regions were Ninjutsu developed and Ninja were founded were Iga and Koga provinces. there were roughly 53 subgroups of Koga and Iga. One of the most famous Ninja in history was Hattori Hanzo-a famous warlord and Ninja of Iga.more...
In 1676, the book Bansenshukai about Ninja methods was written by Fujibayashi Yasutake, a Samurai of Iga castle.
In 1681 the book Shoninki (correct Ninjutsu memories) was written by Fujibayashi Masatake.
In 1653 the book Ninpiden meaning secret teachings of Ninjutsu was written by Hattori Hanzo Yasunaga.
There were very few ninja-when oda nobunaga attacked Iga, 80 ninja fled.
Genbukan and Bujinkan are the only organizations keeping true Ninjutsu alive today.
Ninja didnt wear black very often-they wore deep red or dark green when on missions, and in winter snow, White.
Ninja were often Samurai too-afterall its only Title, not material.
n. pl. ninja or nin·jas or nin·jaed
One who takes loot before a group has made their decision. Typically greedy players and should not be trusted.
OMGWTF, someone just ninjaed Destiny in our UBRS raid!
A better N word to use for your boys instead of the nigga word!!!
Bonzi: yo you know Ollie from Dallas
Quinn" Ya thats my ninja!!