Newport News, affectionately known as Bad Newz
is one of Virginia's largest cities in perhaps the largest metropolitan area in Virginia. The overall feel of the city is industrial urban/non-descript urban sprawl. The most charming & distinctive areas of the city are Hilton Village
, Port Warwick
, City Center
, East End
, and Huntington Heights
To the ears of other cities in Hampton Roads
which is the surrounding metro area, Newport News conjurs images of shipyards, ports, violent crime, drug infested neighborhoods, and beautiful river vistas. Newport News has some of the best shopping and retail for 100 miles around, with vast commercial areas including shops, department stores, hundreds of resturants, and theaters. Within the past 5 years Newport News has seen unparalelled urban and highrise growth and renewal, now making the city one of the finest cities in the Tidewater
Newport News may still have that ghetto
reputation but it is becoming more than just a rusted, industrial, cookie-cutter, urban no-where-ville that it was from the 70's t...
1 of the 7 urban cities of Virginia's Hampton Roads...Also known as Bad News for its high crime rate
Located North of Norfolk
Lets hit downtown Bad News after dark and get mugged!
Worst City in America. Hands Down.
90% of the city is comprised of strip malls and fast food joints, the other 10% is a combination of wealthy neighborhoods and extremely poor ones with astronomical crime rates. The locals are rude and have no idea how safely drive a car, its expected to have some jackass riding on your ass at all times while driving within the city limits. Newport News, or bad newz as morons who take pride in what a shithole this place really is call it, is also home to Christopher Newport University, which is home primarily to rich white kids from Northern Virginia who got waitlisted at JMU.
Avoid Newport News, VA at all costs. Seeing that there is pretty much absolutely no reason to go there, that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Newport News is the worst place in America