Undoubtedly the most dominant professional sports franchise in the US and possibly the world. As of now ('06) 26 world series wins, 39 World series appearances and a history of winning, legendary players and professionalism unparalleled to any other ball club in MLB.
people point out the obvious by stating that the yankees buy players, no shit sherlock, every team buys players you pay players to play- hence PROFESSIONAL baseball, this ain't little league- the yankees are better at it because it has the biggest and most dedicated fan base in the US.
we also have johnny damon
New York Yankees - 9
Red Sox - 6
New York Yankees - 8
Red Sox - 1
New York Yankees - 4
Red Sox - 2
New York Yankees - 965-653 (.596 W%)
Red Sox - 920-699 (.568 W%)
As you can see, its really not even close.
2) A contraction of either "New York Yankee IS" or "New York Yankee HAS."
3) The way idiots spell the plural of "New York Yankee." You NEVER, EVER put an apostrophe in a plural. EVER. Illiterate morons.
- This is right.
2) "I think a New York Yankee's going to win MVP this year."
"Some New York Yankee's been visiting our neighbors a lot lately."
- These are both right, too.
3) "The New York Yankee's are playing the Met's tonight."
- No! This is WRONG! Where did you LEARN this?!? Stop doing it!
Yankee's don't do baseball anymore, they do bussiness.
Me: "Yeah, they can't even keep up with the Red Sox in their division. Even though they have 60 million dollars more in payroll."