|1.||New Germany, Nova Scotia|
How true are these???more...
For those who grew up in New Germany, there you, and recognize the
1) what "dasn't" means
2) that "coppers" aren't police but a form of money
3) that "hooters" aren't on a woman, but something you smoke to get high
4) you took your father's work truck to school, complete with diesel,
powersaw, or chains on back
5) the community pool is on the lake
7) that the only Tim Horton's coffee available is Irving coffee
8) the line up at the liquor store at 10am is only equal to the banking line
on cheque day
9) where a traffic jam means a tractor trailer is parked in the road
10) that squirelling means spinning your tires ... bonus points if it's in
the school parking lot
11) leaving school to go to one of three greasy eateries means summer's in
12) you know what a Kirk's jerk is
13) the Station yard
14) you call a volunteer firefighter to find out where the fire is
15) you go to Bridgewater and *they* make fun of your Lunenburg County
16) you know that the video store was actually a drug store
17) you stayed at "The Welfare Hotel"
18) you were conceived at the Canada Day garden party
19) you've gone tubing down the river
20) you buy vegetables or fish out of the back of a truck
21) you let your wife get a hunting license so you can bag two deer
22) your car has been hit by deer a minimum of two times
23) there's a CB in your truck
24) you read the "Court Report" to make sure they didn't sp...
New Germany Rural high school
a high school in rural Nova Scotia, Canada.
In the middle of a village .. only has about 300 students.
it's been open for like, 60 years.
Teachers and current principles not stated for privacy reasons.
Josh: Hey what school do you do to?
Josh: That school where all the druggies are?
George: uh yeah.. pretty much