1. A descendant of one of the tribes who lived in America before the Europeans arrived. It considered politically incorrect to call Native Americans "Indians," partly because when Christopher Columbus forgot his ADD medication and somehow thought America was India, he was wrong; and partly because it is considered offensive to real Indians to call Native Americans "Indians."
2. An Irishman who sailed to Japan, lived on soybeans until his thyroid was ruined, sailed back to Ireland, got kicked out for having a horrible voice, sailed back to Japan, got kicked out for having horrible math skills, then noticed the giant continents of North and South America and decided to live on them and have children with Eskimos and/or Mexicans.
3. A highly ghetto group of people living on reservations. They know every button combination in street fighter, every playing stat of their favorite basketball heroes, and a bunch of life's rules, such as "bros before hoes."
1. Christopher Columbus once sailed west from Portugal, hoping to find India and all its beautiful women. Instead, he found a bunch of Native American kids hanging around a basketball court, playing gameboys and drinking soda. "I'm going to pretend this never happened," he told himself, and sailed back to Portugal to tell his Portuguese friends that he had been to India.
2. WHITE KID: That Native American storyteller sounds like he has a hole in his throat.
OTHER WHITE KID: That's because he's Asian. Duh.
WHITE KID: Oh. Wait, so why is that one other Native American kid at the same level in math as me?
OTHER WHITE KID: Because he's Irish. Duh.
This is a politically correct term used to refer to the indigenous people of the American Continents. They are also referred to as American Indians.more...
Native Americans originally came to the North American continent somewhere around 12,000 years ago from East Asia. It is thought that their migration happened over a number of centuries rather than all at once.
In the Americas they formed many different tribes each with a unique culture and history. Contrary to popular belief, only some were nomadic. Most had developed cities and advanced systems of government, language, and social structure.
The coming of the Spanish had many devastating effects for the Native Americans. Diseases such as plague and smallpox wiped out more than 95% of the indigenous population within the first hundred years of contact.
The Europeans also imposed harsh terms on the Natives. Many were massacred for no apparent reason other than hate and greed. Often the Europeans were controlled by the search for gold. Christopher Columbus himself and many others took them as slaves. The only reason this did not pan out long term is because the Natives died too quickly from exposure to new viruses. It was then that the Europeans decided to use African slaves instead since they already had previous exposure to the diseases of the Old World and were, therefore, less likely to die.
The Natives were forced off their lands as more settlers came to the continent. They were pushed further and fu...
Native American- people who live on the rez (reservation) because the god damb White people took our land! we are very proud of our cultures and religions.
so your native american right?
so why u native people live on a lil peace of land called a reservation? cause the god damb white people forced us off our land and put us on a lil tiny peace of shit!
The original peoples of the United States. They're also the only race that you need a piece of paper that says you're of native blood. While more Native Americans are becoming more aggravated by the process of government determining who's really "Indian". Some nations are beginning to talk about dropping it completely because it's decreasing the Native American population. This is also a politically correct term used to refer to the indigenous people of the American Continents.
There are also many African Americans that are descended of Native Americans but because of the "Blood Quantum Law" and the fact that most people of mixed African American and Native American descent don't live on reservations. Many African Americans don't take an interest in that part of their heritage and as a result the Native American population continues to drop, however there has been a recent increase in more people with that mixed background are becoming enrolled into their respective tribe/tribes.
Hi I'm Mike.
Teacher: Hi Mike. Wow you're handsome what are you mixed with?
Mike: I'm not mixed I"m full blood Native Ameican from the Delware tribe.
Teacher: Oh really..where's your proof?
Teacher:Yeah your indian papers. You can't claim to be Native Ameican and not have Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood with you.
Mike: Oh I forgot it in my Bible at home.
Teacher: You go to church? but you're Native American don't you just talk to the spirits??
Mike: I'm Christian sorry if that shocks you. (As he walks away)
Teacher: Well I guess you're not a real Indian but you do have color in your skin I'll but you down as Black.
A proud descendent of the first group of humans to settle in the Americas. According to recent archaelogical findings, they migrated from Asia via glacier bridges and sea travel more than 12,000 years ago and within a short time, they branched off into thousands of unique cultures. Sadly, the North American natives were nearly exterminated by greedy and gold-thirsty European settlers who tricked them through the use of treaties, butchered entire cultures in the name of God, raped their women, stole their land, and infected them with smallpox, syphillis, and other deadly diseases. Today, what's left of the North American natives are now either drinking themselves to death on the reservations, or getting their sweet revenge by building casinos.
Although the South American natives were luckier than those of the north, they were mostly converted to Catholicism, forced to speak Spanish, and what little earnings they make are sent to the modern Roman capital known as the Vatican.
Today, the descendents of the European settlers add insult to injury by honoring a holiday called Thanksgiving, which basically celebrates how their ancestors ass-raped and culled back the once widespread Native American population.
The once peaceful people who live in what is now North, Central, and South America. But since the Europeans came over the ocean, everything has changed, no shit. The Spanish and Africans (slaves) blended with many of the southern natives who weren't dead yet. Some natives retreated far into the mountains and forests (and saved their languages and cultures) so in a way, they were luckier than the northern natives. As for them, they were nearly fucking exterminated (again through diseases, poverty, and murders). 95% of natives were killed by the mid 1800's. And it didn't help when they were "removed" by the people who believed in Manifest Destiny, forced onto reservations (might as well be concentration camps), forbidden to practice traditions and speak their languages, and converted to Catholicism.more...
Here's a some random things people should know:
1. DON'T compare our suffering to other peoples' (like the Africans and Jewish people). What, is there a contest?
2. It's safe to say that we LOVE to dance and sing. And have sexual relations. Some more obvious than others.
3. Not all of us are fucking alcoholic
Another group of people that the whitie's screwed over by raping our women and stealing our land.
A bunch of my native american friends hate white people.
A proud group of people who were there before the whites. No one cared about them but we still are proud people.
I am part Native American.