1. Excessive love or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
2. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.
3. Erotic pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one's own body or self, especially as a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.
4. The attribute of the human psyche charactized by admiration of oneself but within normal limits.
5. Unless you are an Army Ranger. In which case it simply means you're awesome... Rangers Lead The Way
That a prime example of narcissism, that ranger is awesome!
A Personality Disorder where you have a abnormal disire for ones self, where you lack empathy, and unconscious inadequency of self esteem, due to regression of child development. also a delusion that you are more important than everyone else.
Narcissistic people are not self centered there is a difference.
1. Having excessive pride in one's self with out justification, being pig-headed or having excessive self-admeration.
2. A personality disorder charatorized by overestimation of his her own appearence and abilities and an insatiable need for admeration.
3. the element of self-directed sexual desire in the condition.
The man had such a bad case of narcissism, all he thaugh about was him self and how he looked to others.
1. a common affliction among professional basketball and soccer players. Symptoms include excessive bling bling
2. egocentrism; absorption in oneself
3. psychological and emotional centering of erotic interest and gratification on one's own body.
From the Greek myth of Narcissus, who fell in love with his own reflection.
Only you can stop narcissism.
I'm always right and you're the one who's wrong. Why? Because I'm a narcissist.
A form of self obsession. Someone who has a case of narcissim is a excessive self admirer.
A personality disorder characterized by ones obsession of his or her own appearance and has an excessive need for admiration. In some cases he or she may feel self-directed sexual desire.
A example of Narcissism is:
Talking into a mirror telling oneself how sexy they are and how they have a nice figure etc.
1. the world-view of an indivdual who only sees things in more of less absolute terms from his or her own perspective without taking objective indications to the contrary into consideration; 2. somenoe with a unilateral perspective centered only upon him or herself; 3. an affliction on co-depdendent wannabees who will never experience real happiness based upon their complete inability to empathize and share with others.
Laurie's husband is a textbook example of narcissism. He could watch a three hour movie about himself and think the main character (i.e. him) is a total asshole without ever realizing that the movie was about him.
The greatest kind of ism...
Narcissism? I'm no narssist, I'm just really, really, really, ridiculusly good looking...
*which for all the ladies out there, I am ;)