She is a fairly strong liberal, earning a 100% rating from the American Civil Liberties Union, a liberal group, and a score of 3% from the American Conservative Union.
A brief characterization of her political positions:
- Favors implementing the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission
- Voted against the Iraq war
- Opposes drilling in ANWR
- Supports increasing the minimum wage
- Supports increasing Medicare and Medicaid benefits
- Opposes amending the constitution to prohibit gay marriage
- Opposes amending the constitution to prohibit flag burning
More details about her can be found on Wikipedia, or her official site, house.gov/pelosi.