They are usually very stupid when it comes to computers, but they think they know everything.
They also almost always think they're opinion is right, even if it is plainly wrong.
Also, n00bs tend to spell or type like fucking dumbasses.
N00bs are dubious, according to poketron.
Example 1 below is based on real life events.
And Example 2 is pretty much exactly what happened with a different n00b than Ex 1.
n00b: OMG i Love toki Hotel!
Person: ...Its Tokio Hotel.
n00b: no Its Not, its Toki hotel.
Person: Seriously, stop. Its Tokio Hotel, you're a fucking faggot.
n00b: please Don't say the f thing or f*g*o*! you're Stil Nice, tho. :)
n00b: what does that mean?!
Person: Hahah, the n00b doesn't even know what a n00b is!
n00b: No, can you tell me?
Person: Wooooow. And, no, go find out yourself.
n00b: Find out how?!
Person2: See that little thing you type in on the top right corner of your browser?
n00b: Whats a browser? Like from Mario? lol I don't get it!
Person: Oh my fucking God. Get off the internet. Oh, and you should hold down the Alt key and press F4 at the same time, its pretty cool.
n00b: i did that and dashboard and expose preferences came up! Why did you want me to do that? lol
Person: If that's what happened, then you failed.
n00b: I think I'm using an apple if that makes a diffrence.
Person2: It does. I'm sorry. For Windows, it opens a virtual cotton candy maker.
Person: Kay, well its called a "Mac" not an Apple. Apple makes Macs. The computer isn't an Apple.
And yes, that makes a difference.
But you're still a total n00b.
Person: Okay, n00b, just press the command key and hold it while pressing W, it does the same thing.
n00b: ok I did it and it closed! what the heck?
Person: You did it wrong. Try again.
~In memory of turnitupto11 and I_Liked_Ants, the two total n00bs of Smosh.com~
1) A person who is new to a game
2) A person who, regardless of experience, lacks the skill or copmetence to be competitive in a certain game
3) Someone who tends to whine or complain when being beaten at a game - often done by accussing more skilled opponents of hacking
4) One who may talk trash, claiming to be elite at a game, only to be beaten down by a better player, or will turn down any games when challenged by better players.
1) To act or behave in the way that a n00b would
2) Behaving as if lacking experience, skill or knowledge
NOTE: Can be used with a number of connotations. Often is used mockingly or in a manner of jesting. Other times is used seriously, but is often considered a brainless or weak insult when used alone as a supposed malicious insult. Is generally considered rude and deragatory unless a person is displaying disregard and general apathy towards other players - in this case, skill may be a non-factor (see definitions 3 and 4).
See also n00bed, n00bie, and newbie
This n00b just charges in at the enemies and gets owned in the first 10 seconds of the game.
v. Look at this guy n00bing it up - I've never seen anyone die so fast, so often.
"Elite" gamer: lololol ur a n00b u suk lolol pwned get sum skilz nub fag
Normal player: Uhhh....what?
The word 'newb' is sometimes confused with this term - 'newb' standing for 'new beginner'. Whereas a n00b means one of two common terms.
1) A new member who is acting stupidly.
2) A member who is acting stupidly, regardless of level and/or experience.
2) "Wow, that guy's been here for 4 years and he still acts like a n00b."