1. A website created in 2003 by Tom Anderson of UCLA to help young adults who are out of school meet each other and for bands to post information about each other to reach new fans.
2. Opening the floodgates to ones private life.
3. Reconnecting with people that you don't really want to see again, or that you don't want them to know about you.
4. A place to post suggestive pictures at angles that will make you look attractive.
5. A place where lonely, socially-inept people spend gobs of time.
6. A place to boast your ego by competing with others about how many friends you have, how many comments you have, posting pointless surveys, describing yourself as "I'm a good looking boy/girl, who hates drama, loves Europe, doesn't know if he/she is straight/gay/bi, finds religion passe, etc." To top it off, a blog where you can bitch about how much life sucks, parents suck, boys suck, girls suck, job sucks, etc.
7. A sad excuse to developing real, geniune friendships and relationships.
8. A way to avoid conflict by sending messages or threats through myspace in place of face to face contact.
9. A website loaded with errors.
10. A pedophiles best friend.
11. A way for potential employers to find out how drunk you get, how high you get, how you love to party, how you play hokey, etc.
12. A site loaded with pages that can cause seizures.
13. A site loaded with advertising where you can "win" a cell phone by pushing the button to "help Bush outknit Sadaam!"
14. A site that can freeze or lock your computer.
15. A way to find people to hook up or date, a blind date set-up, even people from thousands of miles away who one person goes to meet the other, they feel they have "chemistry", decide to leave their secure home, get married... and realize the nightmare they have gotten themselves into.
16. A religion with the god of Tom.
17. The worst addiction next to drugs.
18. The downfall of mankind.
19. A haven for grammar and spelling errors.
20. A place to see "true" ads, with a girl licking a lollypop, showing her boobs, wanting to "chat".
21. A way to totally screw up your life (lose your job, lose your "true" friends, not go out, have anyone around the world find out about you, have no privacy, etc.)
22. A place where you can be "friends" with a celebrity.
23. Another thing that is adding to the lazy epidemic in America.
24. A place to make yourself much cooler than you really are.
25. A sign of the apocolypse.
Save yourself, DON'T get a Myspace, or CLOSE your account. Be a normal human being. Have a private life. Develop close relationships that matter. Go outside. Socialize. Enjoy nature. Travel. Explore your city. You'll be much better off.
Forget it Doctor, it's too late. He/she has a bad case of MySpace.
It's the ultimate game of testing your ego. It becomes a competition of seeing who has the most friends, so you add everyone you've made eye contact with in the past 6 years, constantly posting bulletins telling people to comment on your NEW PICZ PLZ or die. Also a way for every garage band ever to make a Myspace Music profile without even have talent and/or experience as other bands have. Also a new place for every hott girl in the world to prove how slutty they are by making a Myspace and putting pictures of themselve's where they only have 1/5 of their clothes on with the quote under it "I used photoshop to cover my boobs, So What."
Comment on my myspace plz LOL!
An error-infested shithole of a website.
Sorry! an unexpected error has occurred.
This error has been forwarded to MySpace's technical group.
website that encourages the scene, the emo and even the ghettto to photo graph themselves in thier bathrooms and proceed to spend hours upon hours whoring themselves out.
it has become an epidemic
be cautined: it is addictive
myspace, a place for friend
(pshhht. i encourage you hack into the site and change it to myspace, a place for scene whores)
Absolutely pointless "networking tool" that high school students overuse in an attempt to gain and then flaunt popularity. A potentially useful dating/networking tool for adults gone awry because it became a contest to see who could get the most "friends" added... (and by friends I mean other insecure teenagers adding you back in order to increase THEIR OWN friends count). An addiction where you must sign on every .3232134 seconds to see if anyone posted a comment, sent you a message, or put up a bulletin (to tell them to check out their new "hawt sexy pics!" a horrible pixelated shot of an underdeveloped highschool freshman in their underwear trying their best to make a seductive face)
Add me on myspace so my popularity can soar!
a place for stalking with consent
Guy1: "Hey, um, aren't you on myspace?"
Girl2: "Yeah...fucking stalker..."
A website a bunch of your friends begged you to join, so you joined it and became completely addicted. However, after about a month or so, you finally realized that even though you had thousands of friends added, you're still a loser. You tried to take pictures of your half-nude self with the camera at a shitty angle so you could get more comments, but it just wasn't working. Even after you edited out your acne and moles, you still weren't being satisfied with the attention you craved.
You eventually deleted your account because you decided you want to graduate high school with some dignity.
Some annoying freshman left a comment in my blog telling me about how her high school drop-out friend was way cooler than I'll ever be. Laughing, I deleted my MySpace account. The next day, a friend asked me why I deleted the account, and low and behold, the shit-eating freshman was standing right next to her and looking at me as if she was worthy of an answer as well.
Do yourself a favor. Delete your MySpace.
One big, screaming, Lollapalooza orgy comprised of desperate emo/scene boys and girls. Myspace emo chicks tend to whore themselves out and show off their highly-contrasted badly-photographed selves -- said chicks usually sporting a pout and cleavage. Myspace emo boys tend to comment and friend these myspace emo girls -- normally to show off the number of "hott emo chicks" they have on their list to their buddies.
Myspace itself is a sad thing indeed. You can friend thousands of people that you rarely talk to, comment on their boring, whiny, upper middle-class lives, and attempt to find a fellow myspace emo boy/girl to date/cyber. Most myspace victims never do meet their online friends and sadly, drop out of school to combat the Myspace addiction.
Myspace emo ho: hey, i have new pics come see
Myspace emo boy: **BONER'D!**