taken from Merriam-Webster Dictionary, evolved from Chinook Indians. They first used a form of muckety-muck meaning an arrogant, self-important person, "high-muck-a-muck."
Man, those frattastic muckety-mucks really harsh my mellow. Their parties are so bernie. I'm swayze.
Similar to a muckety-muck. Refers to a big shot in a corporate setting.
She has a big office at headquarters. She is a biggety-big, afterall!
an overrated, cocaine-fueled, whitebread, surburban, corporate, Anglo-American "California" Seventies Adult Contemporary band with a strong yuppie and soccer mom fan base. Their "classic" 1977 album "Rumors" ain't so great. What they did in the Eighties IS an improvement, however. Still, they are a favorite of Tipper Gore, who tried to censor ALL music she didn't like, and take away our freedom of choice and expression. Fleetwood Mac is for those who don't like their music to be too challenging. This is a reason why we had to have the punk rebellion. Check out the members' solo albums for more exciting music.
Fleetwood Mac has a handful of decent singles (like "Tell Me Lies") but that's about it. When Bill Clinton was inaugerated in 1993, Fleetwood Mac reformed to play for the elite crowd. The muckety-mucks were on TV shaking their butts. WFD.
1. a more relaxed way to say "Oh yes!".
2. the catchphrase the the Kool Aid Man says when he breaks thru a wall.
3. a hit by the legendary band Roxy Music that came out in the early 80s. The chorus refers to a song playing on a car radio that has the "rhythm of rhyming guitars" - yet ironically the Roxy Music hit song itself is more dominated by synthesizers. The song mentioned in the chorus (the one playing on the radio) is titled "Oh Yeah".
4. a 1986 New Wave hit from the movie "Ferris Beuler's Day Off". It's by the band Yello.
1. "...Oh yeah! Oh yeah-eh-ehh! Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah! Ow!..." The B-52's "Cosmic Thing"
2. The bricks tumble from the wall! Crashing into the scene is... it's the KOOL AID MAN! He's carrying a pitcher of ice cold Kool Aid. Yayyyyyyyy for Kool Aid!
The Kool Aid Man says, "Ohhhhh yeeeaaahhh!". Hooooooray for Kool Aid!
3. "...They're playing "Oh Yeah" on the radio. Ohhhhhhhh..."
Roxy Music "Oh Yeah"
4. The song "Oh Yeah" by Yello plays right at the end of the movie "Ferris Beuler's Day Off".
5. "... You'd like to think you're immune to the stuff. Oh yeah. Sheeee-eee..." Robert Palmer "Addicted to Love"
6. In pompy boring old stuff shirt muckety-muck snobby high society flicks people say, "Oh yes!", "Hear hear!", "Tut tut!", "well I declare!" and "Judas Priest!" and such. Ordinary people today say "oh yeah" among other things : )