|57.||Flash the threes!|
a hand gesture used to symbolize the greatness of "the 3" mr.mike mastell
threes are to be held up:
1.during pictures with random objects
2.extremley drunken parties
3. during football games
4. whenever you talk about "the 3"
if you are a true ND 08 student u flash the threes..maddd
st.cecilia threw up madd threes as she died, predicting the greatness of mike mastell
also known as throwing up the threes
" lets take a group picture....everyone flash the threes!"
the crowd yelled "we wanna see number 3" while flashing the threes
Properly, "Robi-wan Kenobi"
1. A middle aged jewish male teacher with a voice that is abnormally high for men of that age. Usually have stubble, but will occasionally grow a beard and then immediately shave it off.
2. A Jedi Master, former padawan of Qui-Gon Yin. His preferred light-sabre color is green, but upon occasion he may accept blue. An enforcer of the galactic peace, he has invented his own system of enforcing the law, and recently has cut down on the number of warnings due to the nuber of fruq outbreaks. Now, two strikes gets you into the galactic running league, led by Herm-germ.
Originates from Mr. Robison, the name of a middle school teacher at St. Albans school for boys in Washington D.C. Contrary to popular belief, the term was actually coined by the students and not by the teacher, and is now in use in common speech.
Student 1: "Argh! Why did Robi-wan have to go and change his punishment system. Now I can't make as many wise-cracks in class."
Student 2: "Er..."
Jar-Jar: "Robi-wansa go aaaals the way downs the mountains just to saving the little kittenses. He be kewl."
1. A small, black-and-white North American bird of the genus Parus, most commonly Parus atricapillus. It is most active in cool weather, and seldom seen in summer except in deep forests. It often has little fear of humans. Named for its call, which often sounds like Chick-a-dee-dee-dee. The number of "dee" syllables on the end depends on the situation. More than three usually indicates that something startled the bird.
2. A chiefly Canadian term of familiar or affectionate address to a girl or young woman; apparently derived from a Mexican Spanish phrase composed of the word chica(girl) and an adjectival starting with the preposition "de"; the original phrase was forgotten because Spanish is not commonly spoken in Canada, and the spelling was conformed to that of the bird. Only known and used in certain areas.
1. Our neighbor Mr. Larieu was going to cut down that big birch tree, but I told him there were two chickadee nests in it, so he said he wouldn't.
2. Hey there, chickadee! You're back from Chilliwack, eh?
|60.||FLASH IN THE PAN|
1. A Project, person etc that enjoys only short lived success.
2. Something which disappoints by failing to deliver anything of value, despite a showy beginning
This originally had a literal meaning, i.e. a real flash in a real pan. Muskets used to have small pans to hold the gunpowder charge. An attempt to fire the musket in which the gunpowder flared up without firing a bullet would be called a 'flash in the pan'.
origin, The term is known since the late 17th century. Elkanah Settle, in Reflections on several of Mr. Dryden's plays 1687, had this to say:
"although the group had a number one hit, it was only a one hit wonder making them a flash in the pan."
"If Cannons were so well bred in his Metaphor as only to flash in the Pan, I dare lay an even wager that Mr. Dryden durst venture to Sea."
a nation that most people had never heard of before a certain mr. cohen came along. now it's on the tip of everybody's tounge. Borat was indeed a masterpiece of oddball comedy, but Kazakhstan isn't exactly how it's portrayed in the movie.
Kazakhstan, like most of the exotic and unknown 'Stan countires,' was made up of autonomous tribes until the Russians took over in the 1800s. when the Soviet Union was formed, it became part of that nation. kazakhstan is rich in natural resources, so a very large number of ethnic Russians entered the region for mining and manufacturing. after the 1991 collapse of the Soviets, Kazakhstan became indepedendent.
today, kazakhstan is a huge, mostly barren coutnry with about 15 million people. it is ruled by a certain mr. nazyerbayev, an old Soviet leader who wins faux elections to constantly be 'elected' president. the country actually has tremendous natural resources, but it doesn't have the funds to do anything with them.
In Kazakhstan, Sacha Baren Cohen is currently public enemy #1 for the gov't. It's hilarous that one groundbreaking comedian can ruin the global image of a once subtle nation.
Quite possibly the cheapest, most stable, most easily made and most easily acquired explosive that an average joe, wanting to blowing something up for the sake of fun, can make. Flash powder is commonly used in M80s, silver salutes, firecrackers, and cherry bombs as well as large scale salutes seen in professional fireworks shows. It consists of two components: finly powdered aluminum (2 micron), and potassium perchlorate mixed in a ratio of 3 parts aluminum to 7 parts potassium perchlorate by weight. Both of these components are perfectly legal to purchase, and can be purchased online by anyone, of any age, who has a credit card. The aluminum must be a very finly powdered flake style usually sold under the name indian black or german blackhead. It can be bought from eBay. The potassium perchlorate can be found at any number of internet suppliers. 1 pound of flash powder can be made for only around $20.00 US, although a typical device like an M80 contains only 5 grams (1 lb = 454 grams). The power of flash powder can be increased significantly by adding additives such as: sulfur, antimony sulfide or just simply black powder in small amounts, typically 8-9 parts flash powder to 1-2 parts additive. This however, decreases the stability and could cause spontaneous ignition especially if the additive is not free of acid. Flash powder is scientifically designated a low order explosive meaning it burns quickly producing a great deal of energy in a small about of time. Legally it...more...
On the Nintendo Wii, in the programmable interface wherein a near identical visual representation of a person the user knows and interacts with on a normal everyday daily basis in aim that these can be manipulated and interacted with:
1. Any number of people in a specific folk group (Ex: Co-Workers, Roomates, Class mates, friends and family, Celebrity icons, Arch nemesis, Nintendo characters, etc) Can Put into the nintendo Wii.
2. Their Implementation therewithin.
Up to this point of time, they can be used in a setting were they can interact, be swapped, played with and be sent fom console to console. These literal sprites of information are rapidly growing in population and will, foreseeably, add a shift in society. For example I can bowl a few frames with My voice teacher Joan, a character my roomates have adopted as a personal mascot called "FunkJesus", and My mom. Because I don't see her nearly enough. In time, these electronic representtions have replaced their actual biological counterparts.
4. The Miiciety is capable to be viewed and controlled by humans (or, Anti-miisapiens), but never fully joined by them, due to our biological barrirers. We will never be able to matriculate fully into their Mii-ciety.
5. God. You're playing God. You're playing God while you're playing Tennis.
STEVE is playing Baseball on the Wii. GUY 2 enters.)
Steve "Man, Mr Johnson, my 5th grade math teacher just stuck out against my ex-girl friend Natalie."
Guy 2 "Didn't you date her in high school?"
Steve "Yeah, sophomore year."
GUY 2 "Wow. You've created a regular MII-CIETY there haven't you Steve?"
GUY 2 " You have alot of free time on your hands Steve?"
GUY 2 "Is that Canadian Folk Rocker Jewel?"
Steve " Yeah, she's got a wicked splitter."
(Steve is from Boston)