Modesty is the art of enhancing your charm by pretending not to be aware of it.
His modesty is always on show
- "Coolness, ah yes, erm, well i think i had some, a while ago."
protecting others eyes from seeing the shape and contours of your nipples
In a bra catalog ad: "Sleek foam padding contours your curves...also protects your modesty."
1. (Females) The act of dressing in a non-slutty way. It ranges from not wearing tube tops and super-short shorts to wearing long skirts and sleeves below the elbows.
2. (Males) Not wearing saggy pants,
as far as I know.
3. Not making a big deal out of achievements/abilities, either in an attempt to gain more attention, or because you don't like to brag.
1. Protect your modesty! Don't dress for a beach party at school!
2. Did you guys with "swag" ever hear the word modesty?
3. Bob: Billy, you're always so full of modesty.
Billy: Aw, not really...
A fine line between humility and low-self esteem which I chose not to walk.
For the sake of preserving my own modesty, I shall refrain from providing an example.
The act of lying about your feats and traits in an attempt to fool others into thinking you are capable of more.
I see through your modesty, you lousy piece of shit.