A band that hipsters are too cool to like anymore because now they are done with high school and attend art school and/or moved to a city, and had to dig deeper into the more sophisticated self zone, aquiring tastes that no one will know about for at least the next 2-3 years, when they will have to update themselves once again (hint: when Xiu Xiu, Blonde Redhead and Q and Not U are completely for indie rock poseurs only... just a matter of time)
Modest Mouse... I never really liked them anyway.
The best band of all time, great lyrics
modest Mouse is the shit....WURD
An indie band made up of Isaac Brock the lead singer, Eric Judy the bassist, and Jeremiah Green the drummer. They've released four albums: This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About, The Lonesome Crowded West, The Moon and Antarctica, and Good News For People Who Love Bad News. They're an amazing band because of their quirky lyrics that somehow make sense in the end.
The track 3rd Planet off the Moon and Antarctica album was a great opener
fucking best band of all time. heart cooks brain, bitches.
dan a. is a douchebag for thinking Modest Mouse is a one-hit-wonder. they have 8 cd's, you asshat.
Modest Mouse is, to be quite honest, the greatest band of all time.more...
They hail from Issaquah, Washington, and are fronted by Isaac Brock, who, despite being raised in a trailer park, has written some of the greatest lyrics in music.
They became widely known when, in 2004, they released Good News For People Who Love Bad News, which is more upbeat than their earlier work, and it's songs (Ocean Breathes Softly and Float On) began being played by every radio station in the US, at least one an hour.
Isaac Brock - Vocals/Guitar
Eric Judy - Bass
Jeremiah Green - Drums/Percussion
Dann Gallucci - Guitar/Keyboards/Synthesizers
* This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About (Up, 1996)
* The Lonesome Crowded West (Up, 1997)
* The Moon And Antarctica (Epic, 2000)
* Good News For People Who Love Bad News (Epic, 2004)
EPs and other collections
* Blue Cadet-3, Do You Connect? (K, 1994)
* Interstate 8 (Up, 1996)
* The Fruit That Ate Itself (K, 1996)
* Night On the Sun (Up, 1999)
* Building Nothing Out of Something (Up, 2000)
* Sad Sappy Sucker (K, 2001)
* Everywhere & His Nasty Parlour Tricks (Epic, 2001)
* Baron von Bullshit Rides Again (Epic, 2004)
* "Broke" (Sub Pop, 1996)
* "Life of Arctic Sounds" (Suicide Squeeze, 1997)
* "Birds vs. Worms" (Hit or Miss, 1997)
* "Other People's Lives" (Up, 1998)
* "Neverending Math Equation" (Sub Pop, 1998)
* "Whenever You See Fit" (with 764-Hero) (Up...
Modest Mouse is the best band ever, it's that simple.
I love Modest Mouse so much, I would give an arm and a leg just to meet Issac Brock.
Modest Mouse are the only band to have successfully stayed "indie" when they turned mainstream.
Modest Mouse is the only true indie band that is played on the radio
The greatest band to ever touch this Earth.
"I like Modest Mouse"