some are a-holes, some are awesome, and some use invisibility mode so you cant tell what the hell they are
some, still, are kissups to admin... hate these guys!!
Most moderators are driven mad by their lust for power and will cause suffering and hatred at every turn because it makes them happy to see others unhappy.
What the other definitions here leave out is that moderators aren't just for forums or websites. There are moderators of sorts in games, chat rooms and many other places. All of them are nerdy teenages who get back at life for making them monsters by taking their anger out on anyone they can.
1. Asswipe: Moderator that likes to punish members for little or no reason, harasses members and then punishes them for harassing back or questioning them, or is an asshole in general to those around him, not including his suckup friends, who will respond to his powerabuse with: "lol", "pwned bitch", or "wut a fag".
2. Strict Moderator: Follows the rules by the book, no exceptions. Any rule infraction spotted will be punished, often without warning. Normally dreaded.
3. Do-Nothing Moderator: Moderator that acts more like a member than a moderator, only intervening in serious matters that require mod attention. Usually ignores rule infractions for fear of angering the administrator or stricter moderators. Usually friendly.
4. Badass: Best moderator there is. They are fair, and will usually joke around and let things go if the intention of the rule infraction was not fitting with the reason the rule was created. However, if someone is being a total idiot, especially flaming, they will proceed to argue with them for the sole purpose of getting them to make a fool of themselves, often to the point of losing their cool and posting a last "FUK U ALL!!!!!" message, at which point there is much lulz and the nooblet gets b7. See Winrar
5. Nutcase: Moderator that not only rarely enforces rules, but often breaks them themselves in the name of fun, or sometimes just out of boredom. Usually doesn't have modship for long, or is constantly scolded by other mods or the admin. Me.
These are the main five categories, there are several other types and combinations of types out there.
"That moderator is mad strict. She just suspended six members for spamming just because they had too much chatspeak."
"Is that dude even a moderator? He hasn't done jack through all this flooding."
"Haha, this moderator is so awesome."
"What the hell...? That guy just flooded six pages of the chat away... he's a moderator? Wtf?"
Worthless,useless little pricks on internet forums whom are entirely unneccessary unless you have some sort of 'off topic' or 'general discussion' type of area but then the mods are totally useless because they are biased little pukes.The solution is either to have no such 'off topic' or 'general discussion' type of area or to just allow total free speech in such an area with "some" hard and fast rules about trolls and spammers.But people debating should just be allowed to fucking swear at eachother in 'no holds barred' fashion.Atleast it's fair.Or just simply don't have an 'off topic' general discussion area.But then the shitty little mods with all of their biases would be out of a job.
Mods tend to be very biased and tend to nurture the retards on the forum which just perpetuates the flame wars.Mods are almost as bad as trolls and spammers.