2. Hell of a lot better than Wisconsin, but then again Wisconsin is better than Mighigan (Detroit is a Minneapolis wannabe)
3. California shopping my ass, we have the biggest mall in the country...suck it
4. Nice people
5. Better weather
6. Best schools (No really, best rated)
Mom: Umm, because it's like the best place ever.
Floridians turn on the heat.
People in Minnesota plant gardens.
50 above zero:
Californians shiver uncontrollably.
People in Duluth sunbathe.
40 above zero:
Italian & English cars won't start.
People in Minnesota drive with the windows down.
32 above zero:
Distilled water freezes.
The water in Bemidji gets thicker.
20 above zero:
Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats.
People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.
15 above zero:
New York landlords finally turn up the heat.
People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets cold.
People in Miami all die.
Minnesotans close the windows.
10 below zero:
Californians fly away to Mexico .
People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.
25 below zero:
The Girl Scouts in Minnesota are selling cookies door to door.
40 below zero:
Washington DC runs out of hot air.
People in Minnesota let the dogs sleep indoors.
100 below zero:
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Minnesotans get upset because they can't start the Mini-Van.
460 below zero:
ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale.)
People in Minnesota start saying..."Cold 'nuff fer ya?"
500 below zero:
Hell freezes over.
Minnesota public schools will open 2 hours late.
*Home to Hockey town,usa (not to be confused with the "fake" hockey town,usa 'detroit'...detroit is a city..not a town fawkers)
*land of 10,000 lakes
*minnesota nice...unless of course you are driving
*We do not say "eh"...thats canada
*"a's" and "o's" are pronounced differently than everyone else....
2) We do NOT sound like the poeple in Fargo. In fact, we Minnesotans laugh at your stupidity for thinking so. I'm beginning to wonder if ANY of you have ever talked to a REAL Minnesotan. But, we do have a slight accent. And there's nothing wrong with that.
3) We're not conservative hicks. Some are conservative, some are liberal and some just don't really care.
4) We have Mall Of America, baby! It's huge and they're going to extend it further. It's really great there, check it out!
Interesting little facts:
- If a shopper spent 10 minutes browsing at every store, it would take them more than 86 hours to complete their visit to Mall of America.
- Seven Yankee Stadiums can fit inside Mall of America.
5) Ahem, we have FOUR seasons. If you've been to Minnesota, for a FULL year- then you would know this. If not, don't even open your stupid a** mouth. And our Summer ranges from 70-115 degrees, dumb a**es!
6) People in Minnesota say pop, not coke or soda. Get the f*** over it! Soda is acceptable. Coke is just retarded, Coke is a KIND of pop/soda. "Yeah, I'd like a Coke" *Person brings Coca-Cola* "WTF IS THIS?!!?!?! I DIDN'T MEAN A COKE COKE, I MEANT A MOUNTAIN DEW COKE". Pshh, yeahhh.
7) People in Minnesota do NOT brag about us being the best state, because we usually don't think that. We'd only think it if we traveled to EVERY state and felt Minnesota was better for us. *Cough* People boasting about their state being #1 is pathetic, I'm PRETTY SURE 99% of them haven't been to EVERY state the U.S.A offers.
8) The Minnesota Long Goodbye. I hate it, but it's true. A Minnesotan will take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or so just to say goodbye. If you come to Minnesota, be prepared for it.
9) We have severe road rage, but we do not drive like the idiots in Texas. :)
10) Fresh air, trees, beautiful scenery = Minnesota.
11) Everyone in the bigger states think they are THE BEST. Well, sure. You have the highest crime rates. Congrats! You're kid isn't safe at the park, in school or any other public place for that matter. Atleast in Minnesota, we can walk around and NOT get shot at. :) I love living with no fear.
12) Overall, Minnesota is an upbeat state. It isn't given enough credit, because everyone choses to hate on it. I personally think it's Wisconsin and Iowa giving us a bad name.