1. Move to a new base in different State or country every three years or less and don't really have a hometown even though they claim to have one.
2. Are tolerant of other people of different backgrounds and open minded due to military brat experience
3. Feel at home on any military base
4. Know alot of military lingo such as PCS, SOFA, BN, etc. Watch AFN and miss having no commercials
5. Have had parent leave often for deployment/training either leads to a tight knit family or stressful relationship
-really social independent or a hermit/resentful person
-hates or loves the military
-wants to travel or become a townie
kid: Hey I haven't seen you around you must be new. Where did you just move from?
military brat: (how to answer...) Well I just moved here from Germany because my dad is in the military.
kid: wow I don't know anyone from that State!
military brat: it's actually a country...
kid: oh yeah freaking nazi's...
military brat: ....
Very patriotic: They make sacrifices for America.
Moves at least once every three years.
Probably has lived overseas once for a tour.
Adapts well to new situations.
Either loves their military life or hates it.
The word "brat" is not derogatory, but stands for:
-I'm a military brat, I lived there!
"Oh, you must be Maj. Martin's brat? Nice to meet you."