2. the home of half the pro bowl players since 1985.
3. nobody hates a loser, how many of you bitches hate the canes?my point exactly.
2. Man, I wish the Canes would win a 6th championship and get back on top!
3. Its all about the "U"!
4. The Miami Hurricanes are the best team ever!
Miami consistently has one of the highest GPAs for their football team in the nation. In 2008, they were 5th in GPA in the nation following only Navy, Air Force, Brigham Young, and Boston College. Miami has been the biggest force on college football for the past 30 years and defined swagger and team pride. Their annual rivalry with Florida State is consistently a ratings bonanza, breaking records with the highest ratings every year.
The more hated rival for Miami and Florida State is the Gators, whose fans are envious, supercilious, and trash-talking rednecks from a little town no one has ever heard of. They tend to be bitter because Gainesville has nothing but a Walmart and an Arby's. There's no character, nothing to do, and no one interesting to meet. Gators tend to be uneducated and bigoted slack-jawed yokels. Miami also has destroyed nearly every SEC team they've played. The only exceptions were in 2005 and 2008. Miami defined the mantra, "Any team, any place, any time" while the Florida Gators cower away from real opponents. This year's Gators schedule features powerhouses such as Troy, FIU, and Charleson Southern. It is unheard of to schedule 3 cupcake games in a season. Miami, on the other hand, started with no cupcakes. Their schedule is one of the hardest in the nation every year. This year, they started against 4 ranked teams in a row. Teams that used to play Miami are now scared to schedule them.
Miami is certainly a team that causes myriad jealousy around the league. No other team has been able to accomplish what Miami has accomplished and that is why during off years, fans and players of other teams like to insult Miami. Every team has off years and fluctuates, but Miami has only been an average team from 1997-1998 and then from 2006-2008. Other than that, from 1980- Present, Miami has been an unstoppable powerhouse in college football that every team fears playing. They are not afraid to play anybody. That's what separates a great program like Miami with programs like Notre Dame and Florida. They are willing to play anybody and have shown that they can beat anybody. From 1980-2005, when players around the league were asked who on their schedule are they most concerned about, the answer would always come back: "Miami."
"The Miami Hurricanes won another national championship"
"We can't schedule the Miami Hurricanes anymore, we have no chance of beating them!"
"Why are so many Miami Hurricanes in the NFL? This is unheard of."
"It's obvious that Gators fans are jealous of the Miami Hurricanes' history"
2) A pretty damn good football program, which has claimed five national championships (1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001)
2) The NFL's main source of talent over the last 20 years
3) The team that plays at the Orange Bowl, the greatest stadium on earth.
4) Sebastian's Boys
5) As in Five National Titles...count 'em UF and FSU....Five rings...Five
6) As in Six in a row against FSU as of the 2004 season
7) The most polarizing team in college football. You either love'em or you hate'em. I love'em
8) Florida State Seminole's and Florida Gator's Daddy.
9)Loved by few, hated by most, respected by all.
10) see excellence.
Don't hate the Miami Hurricanes because they own you Florida and Florida State.