1) (quickly fading) Fad style found in large cities in which males fuel their vanity by spending money to have their fingernails buffered and their face exfoliated. although many will strive to be politically correct, there is nothing sexual about the metrosexual. place the metrosexual in an enviornment outside of a starbucks and a salon, and you will see where is masculinity stands (yes, there is such a thing as masculinity). although the metrosexual knows to be sensitive (a plus), there is no strength to accompany the soft side, therefore he is androgenous. of course, with any fad, there will be women attracted to 'it' because of the social status, and the social status alone. it would be well advised for women to date other men in cities with a high crime rate such as new york, as metrosexuals abhor violence and would rather get their nails done then defend their woman from a mugger.
to be fair, im sure there are exceptions to the rule, and im sure there are metrosexuals that have not forsaken their true sexuality. (3 million years of it is hard to vanquish.)
2) Term pertaining to any style thought of as a politically correct male look or action, sometimes seen as homosexual.
2) ryan seacrest acts metro sexual.
1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase.
2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches and you carry a man-purse.
3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do highlights.
4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for breakfast... all from scratch.
5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.
6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.
7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck.
8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.
9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and vintage first.
10. Despite being flattered (even proud) that gay guys hit on you, you still find the thought of actually getting intimate with another man truly repulsive.
Person 2: "No, he does dress well, but he has a wife"
Person 1: "Oh, he must be metro then"