1) (quickly fading) Fad style found in large cities in which males fuel their vanity by spending money to have their fingernails buffered and their face exfoliated. although many will strive to be politically correct, there is nothing sexual about the metrosexual. place the metrosexual in an enviornment outside of a starbucks and a salon, and you will see where is masculinity stands (yes, there is such a thing as masculinity). although the metrosexual knows to be sensitive (a plus), there is no strength to accompany the soft side, therefore he is androgenous. of course, with any fad, there will be women attracted to 'it' because of the social status, and the social status alone. it would be well advised for women to date other men in cities with a high crime rate such as new york, as metrosexuals abhor violence and would rather get their nails done then defend their woman from a mugger.
to be fair, im sure there are exceptions to the rule, and im sure there are metrosexuals that have not forsaken their true sexuality. (3 million years of it is hard to vanquish.)
2) Term pertaining to any style thought of as a politically correct male look or action, sometimes seen as homosexual.
1) You know. the guy you thought was gay but isnt. thus, metro sexual.
2) ryan seacrest acts metro sexual.
You might be "metrosexual" if:
1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase.
2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches and you carry a man-purse.
3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do highlights.
4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for breakfast... all from scratch.
5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.
6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.
7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck.
8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.
9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and vintage first.
10. Despite being flattered (even proud) that gay guys hit on you, you still find the thought of actually getting intimate with another man truly repulsive.
"Some people think he's gay, but he's actually metrosexual."
A new name for something quite old. Men with taste & style who know about fashion, art, and culture have always existed. In past centuries, these kinds of men were in the uppercrust of society (more leisure time). Technology has enabled men with more leisure time, so less wealthy males can now fuss over their looks and aesthetics almost as much as women. An American Metrosexual is like your average European male. In France or Italy, men can be manly and work on cars and know about art and fashion at the same time. They are cool with that and don't need some special name for the less "masculine" side. In the U.S. we think men all have to be eithrt dumb gorillas or homosexuals. There is some grey area! There is an emphasis on not being pretentious in america that itself becomes a kind of pretentiousness. Men who dabble in vanity or in lofty romantic concerns seem less like men when in fact, they are probably better lovers to women than their traditional counterpart.
James Bond is very metro in a lot of ways. He aint no sissy but he has excellent taste.
A straight man who embraces the homosexual lifestyle, i.e. refined tastes in clothing, excessive use of designer hygiene products, etc. Usually is on the brink of homosexuality.
Mike has become a metrosexual after shaving off his stubble and using expensive skin products to soften his cherubic facial features.
A straight guy who’s so cool, smart, attractive, stylish, and cultured, that everyone thinks he’s gay. But he’s so secure in his masculinity that he doesn’t care.
Famous metrosexuals include Ewan McGregor, Damon Albarn, and Jarvis Cocker.
strait guys who are mistaken for being gay because of their fashion sense and hygene habits.
Most gay guys are dissopointed to find out that Zach is only metrosexual and not gay.
Sorry Zach, we love you anyway ;)
A normally straight male who possesses qualities of a gay male without being attracted to men. A metro often appreciates the finer things in life and enjoys making himself look good; be it through styling his hair or wearing fashionable clothes.
Person 1: "Is he gay"
Person 2: "No, he does dress well, but he has a wife"
Person 1: "Oh, he must be metro then"
A man who understands that women do not enjoy a smelly, dirty, nasty, sick, womanizing, egotistical, red-neck and wants to make themself look and feel good. Also understands that you can love having sex with women, and look/smell good at the same time.
Red-necks should take metro-sexuals advice and wash their body more than once a week so they can get a girl with more than one tooth.