(1) To be stoned or drunk
(2) To look raggedy or beaten-up in appearance
(3) A mix of different music tracks to produce a new track
(2) Jeez, he looked so mashup after they caned his ass.
(3) The track 'A Stroke of Genie-us', is a mashup of Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a bottle" with The Strokes, as is 'Get Your Bootleg On', which is a mashup of a Missy Elliot track (Get ur Freak on) with Eminem's "Without Me".
For definition (1) mashup is a synonym of one meaning of caned, along the lines of being very drunk or stoned, whereas for definition (2), caned means beaten.
Definition (3) is also a synonym for a type of music also known as bastard pop, cut-ups or blends.
n. A song comprised of elements of two or more pre-existing pieces of music.
1. I'll play my mash-up of Tom Jones and Michael Jackson at the club tomorrow night. (noun usage)
The more different the genres of the source tunes, the more effective the mashup.
One Step Closer/99 Problems (Linkin Park: One Step Closer, combined with Jay-z's 99 Problems)
2. To completely destroy, wreck or mutilate.
3. A cacophony of the senses. Adj.
2. eg. "His face was mash up after that fight".
3. eg. "That song was so mash up it gave me a nose bleed".
2. A term used to describe people associated with such actions, due to them being unable or unwilling to perform usual tasks.
no, im too mashed.
2. you seen mark? he hasnt been in classes all day.
man, that guy is a total mash up.