n. A song comprised of elements of two or more pre-existing pieces of music.
1. I'll play my mash-up of Tom Jones and Michael Jackson at the club tomorrow night. (noun usage)
The more different the genres of the source tunes, the more effective the mashup.
One Step Closer/99 Problems (Linkin Park: One Step Closer, combined with Jay-z's 99 Problems)
2. To completely destroy, wreck or mutilate.
3. A cacophony of the senses. Adj.
2. eg. "His face was mash up after that fight".
3. eg. "That song was so mash up it gave me a nose bleed".
2. A term used to describe people associated with such actions, due to them being unable or unwilling to perform usual tasks.
no, im too mashed.
2. you seen mark? he hasnt been in classes all day.
man, that guy is a total mash up.