It's Hard work.
A family, yea we fight with each other, but if someone outside the group messes with one of us, they're going down.
The reason for long bus rides on Saturday's. =)
More Hard Working than the football team!!
It's a sport, get over it.
Girl-I was at the band competion that was 2 hours away. You know marching band is my life.
its where you will have your greatest moments of your life. you meet the most perverted, funny people there that will be your friends for the rest of your life.
so pretty much besides all the fun you be having with the people you will have to know how to march. it A LOT harder than it looks. you have to think about so many things at once and it gets very, very confusing.
its very hard for the fresh man to learn how to march, and then you have to play and make little designs on the field too?
most freshman don't actually play while marching, just so they can actually march.
its a high school activity you will actually enjoy despite the confusion.
you love it so much you even like to march in the mud, rain, and the blazing hot sun at band camp.
you will learn to appreciate the dirty things in life, trust me.
you will love getting naked in front of everybody.
you will love the uniforms, no matter how many buttons and zippers they have.
you will have a family you actually like.
the band works harder than the football team, win more awards, and probably have more fun.
the best way to make friends your freshman year.
its a big group of amazing hilarious (yet perverted) people who can march in step, following a drill chart, while either playing music or spinning a flag/rifle/sabre
its One of the hardest sports that is often ove...
2. The most awesome place to meet friends...it's basically like the giant marching band family. If you know people, great. You'll meet more. If you don't know people, you can't help knowing people by the end of the first couple days of practice. Then you see them all every day except sunday for the entirety of the season
3. The origin of the awesomest inside jokes that you and other band people will laugh at for years
4. The perfect way to find your inner hard core-ness. (haha.) But seriously, it starts to get painful...then when it's over you go brag about how painful it was
5. A group of students with basically no life besides band. You've got band camp, then practice every day after school, then a football game, competition or saturday practice like every weekend throughout the season...not really any time for a life.
*After band camp* Band camp was so awesome!!!!
2. "Hey. Why are you sitting all by yourself? you look lonely. come sit with us."
3. "The sandwich isn't plastic, so I'm gonna eat it now..."
4. My back is killing me from holding up my mellophone...
5. Normal person: Are you going to the fling?
Me: no...I have a marching band show on friday and i have rehearsal on saturday...
2. Where "one more time" actually means 57439204 more times.
3. The most accomplished, but least appreciated team in the whole school.
4. The only time it's legal for an elder to demand a group of kids to "finger correctly" and "blow harder".
5. When EVERYTHING is a sexual referance.
6. When your closest friends and boyfriend/girlfriend are in the band. And ONLY in the band.
7. The only place it's possible to be singing "The Wheels on the Bus" during a trip while a couple is doing inappropriate things under a blanket in the best seats.
8. When you can fall asleep even with the drumline hacking on the back of your headrest.
9. When you spend more time in the band room than in your own home, or anywhere else for that matter. In fact, you just go down there to hang out and get passes out of classes to "practice for districts."
10. The best thing anyone could possibly be a part of in the world. Period.
band person - "No.. I have band practice.. YAY!"
2. band director - "Alright let's reset that one more, guys!"
(many times later..)
"Alright guys, I mean it this time."
(more times later..)
"Okay seriously, we've got it for real this time.."
3. *school announcements*
"Last night our football team lost a game 0-693465. Good effort, team! We know you'll get them next week! Spanish Club is to meet in room 203 after school tonight. Oh, and not to mention our band had some kinda thing goin' on last night and won something or something.. Also, I have a hangnail.."
4. band director- "Alright everyone, I need you to really get those fingers moving and I need you to blow plenty hard!"
5. band director- "Stop messing around and get that thing in your mouth!"
band kids - *snicker, snicker*
6. band kid - "My bestfriends, boyfriend and I are all gonna go to Bobby's house tonight and watch last year's DCI Finals DVD! I can't wait!"
7. band kid - "I heard Suzy and Tommy were getting it on in the back of the bus while we were singing band songs."
8. drummer - *hackhackhackhackhackhack*
band kid - *undisturbed sleeping*
9. band kid - "Hey Mr. So&So, can I get a pass to go practice for districts?"
Mr So&So - "Sure Billy! Golly gee, you band kids are so responsible!"
(in the band room)
band kid - "WHO'S UP FOR SOME BAND VOLLEYBALL OVER THE GONG STAND?!"
10. band kids - "Marching band is AWESOME!"
wear all the hott guys are.
the best damn thing in my life¢¾
and everytime we win we storm the feild.
I LOVE MARCHING BAND!!!!!!!!!!