An affluent, snobby beach community in the "South Bay" in California. It's renowned for tearing down quaint homes to build monsterous, ridiculously priced ones. It is where culture and charm cease to exist, and you either hate it and will leave as soon as possible or stay your entire life and raise your kids there. It has tons of yuppies, and the majority of the population is caucasian. Things revolve around materialism. A lot of Redondo and Hermosa kids think Manhattan kids are spoiled and bitchy brats who get whatever they want, but I won't even get started on the Hermosa/Redondo kids...
Manhattan Beach blows.
when most people think of islands, they think of palm trees, sand, sun and 100 degree weather 365 days a year. but when i think of islands, i think of long island which is my home. you know your from here when :
1. you've snuck into the city using the L.I.R.R and your parents never found out.
2. you tried weed summer going into 9th grade.
3.everytime you go to a different state - you HAVE to hit up every dairy queen/sonic in the area.
4. you remember brett saborhagens.
5. you can't imagine living somewhere without beaches.
6. you associate babylon village with hott lacrosse guys and gilgo beach.
7. you started drinking when you were 12.
8. your idea of a party is getting piss drunk around a fire in your friend's backyard then walking through town making an ass out of yourself.
9. you love the yankees.
10. you've spent 10 bucks at a movie theatre.
11. you straigten your hair everyday of your life.
12. you've gone camping before.
13. you've used the word "legit" in a sentence before.
14. you know that the southshore is the greatest place in the world & the northshore is for rich people.
15. you've seen a concert at nassau colliseam.
16. you can name at least 5 people that have moved to north or south carolina.
long islander - so have you ever been the city?
non long islander- what do you mean?
long islander- like manhatten .
non long islander- oh i think ive driven by there like once.
Staten Island the fifth borough of nyc, its 13 miles long with almost 1/2 a million residents. Staten Island hosts one of the largest landfills in the world which is roughly 2200 acres in size. The entire shoreline is polluted and the Island is plauged with traffic and congestion.more...
Manhatten and Brooklyn are extreemly close to Staten as well as Jersey City so its difficult to get bored if you live here. The south shore and north shore differ in that the north shore is more urbanized then the south.
A lot of Staten Island residents have a heavy accent, when the Verrazano bridge went up many families from Brooklyn flooded the island. Access to the rest of the city is unique in that the train line ends in St George and you board a ferry boat that takes you to Manhatten. As you pass the statue of liberty and approach the city the view is awesome.
Staten Island is home of Wu.
Staten Island: Annadale, Arden Heights, Bay Terrace, Bulls Head, Castleton Corners, Clifton, Concord, Dongan Hills, Elm Park, Eltingville, Emerson Hill, Grant City, Grasmere, Great Kills, Greenridge, Grymes Hill, Huguenot, Mariners Harbor, Midland Beach, New Brighton, New Dorp, New Springville, Oakwood, Park Hill, Pleasant Plains, Port Richmond, Prince's Bay, Richmondtown, Rosebank, Rossville, South Beach, St. George, Stapleton, Todt Hill, Tompkinsville, Tottenville, Travis, Westerleigh, West New Brighton, Willowbrook.