1. Chains wrapped around certain parts of the body(usually the crotch and the breast)
2. Outrageous hairstyles, these include: mohawks longer than 7 inches, 75% of their hair shaven off(with the other 25% hanging on the one sideusually the front right side), extreme hair color(pink with black, red with black, etc.), or the whole head shaven in random areas of the head.
3. wear a lot of black, band t-shirts, levi's dipped in black dye, then having the sleeves torn off(they usually use knives, due to their weakness powered by their misery), Converse high tops with misc. patches, tears, and pins placed in certain parts of the shoe. write band names all over their backpacks, hands, and clothing...to be continued.
4. Like to wear black make-up and nail polish.
5. listen to junky music(not all of them are that bad though).
6. Pretend to commit suicide.
to be continued in volume two.
*mall goth looks up, and tries to spit in his eye*
Ben: haha, sucker.
Mother: C'mon dear, I'll give you money to spend at Hot Topic
Mallgoth sarah: I HATE YOU MOM! YOU MAKE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL!!!
Mother: But we always bought you everything you wanted. a Laptop, the pony you picked out, your stereo, you get a 100$ a week allowance..
Mallgoth sarah: AHHHH I HATE YOU!!! I'M GONNA GO HANG OUT WITH MY FRIENDS, THEY UNDERSTAND MY PAIN!
Ironically Marilyn Manson, their God, is a marketed popstar as well.
Mallgoths lack knowledge about tr00 black metal and real goths, who were nomads during ancient times. They think you just have to listen to Marilyn Manson and shop at Hot Topic to be "unique" and "depressed".
At the mall (which they practically live in), they complain about everything, even about how commercial the mall is.
They listen to overhyped nu-metal/emo bands that they like for the simple fact that they believe it will make them 'cool',or more 'gothic'.
Usually between the ages of 12-17, they have a very blatant fashion sense; commonly wearing baggy, black pants with chains draped from them, spiked wristbands/collars, beanies, and especially Slipknot, HIM, or Korn tees.
Their chief source of fashion is Hot Topic (owned by Abercrombie & Fitch)
Some will don a depressed visage, never smile or speak, and others will don a moody, angry tone.
None of these 'goths' are generally 'gothic' at all. None of these people understand the origins, roots, or influences of the subculture, nor would they likely to be interested in any of its true aspects.
"My friend only listens to HIM and Slipknot, and pretends to be depressed all the time; he's a mall goth."