2. A person who is really nice and caring, but hot and sexy at the same time. Amazing in bed. Friendly with everyone and loves to hang out with her friends
3. The name of the cat in Sailor Moon.
2. "Who is that?"
"I don`t know, but she is such a LUNA."
In most contexts, can be directly interchanged with the 1990s-era American term of endearment, "Schmoopy".
Person 2: "No you're Luna."
Person 1: "No you're Luna."
Person 2: "No you're Luuunnaaaa..."
Both giggle and embrace in ecstasy
Due to the orbital characteristics of the Earth-Luna system, only one face of Luna is visible at any given time from Earth. This is because Luna's orbital period and rotational period are the same, and her orbit is retrograde to her rotation. Due to this inconvenient orbit, it was not until 1959, with the Soviets' launch of Luna 3, that humans even had photographs of the far side of Luna. Since then, her entire surface has been mapped.
As seen from Earth, Luna appears to undergo a series of phases over a period of approximately a month. These phases are not, as is often thought, the result of Earth casting any shadow on Luna. Luna's phases are the result of the angle between Sol (the sun), Luna, and Earth. Because Luna orbits Earth, this angle constantly changes, and consequently, so does our viewpoint of Luna. At any given time, only one side of Luna is ever in any light, cast from Sol. The othe...
2. a japanese manga/television character personified as a talking female cat from works by Naoko Takeuchi refering to Bishoujo Sailor Moon
3. an uncommon female name
4. the "moon goddess" in some latin myths. this is uncorrect as Luna was merely a woman associated with the moon in mythology.
2. The mascot of New Moon magazine.
3. When writing a letter to New Moon, she started it off "Dear Luna . . ."