|8.||An Army Of None|
A kick ass punk rock/hard rock band from Ballard Washington. go to myspace.com/anarmyofnone to listen to them.
I fucking love An Army Of None!
|9.||Fist full of Yen|
1. to have a hand containing a large amount of money.
2. Fist full of Yen (FFOY) are a post panda hardcore band playing PandaCore and Pandahop. the band consists of 4 members: Laurie the blast beat loving drummer, kirk the kwerky yet crazy bassist, olli the guitarist with a love of powerchords and jessica thier "real life" alive panda mascot. from york the band have strived to break barriers with the irregular time signitures. the band have many hits including: "mopatop shop" "APPLES" "latte Latino" and many more.
man 1: oh no! i've forgotten my wallet.
man 2: don't worry ive got a Fist full of Yen!
man 1: isn't that a strange type of meditation from york some how related to a craaazy drummer who got attacked but then played a gig with only one arm (that worked).
man 3: that rocks my world.
man 4: all i know is that you should guard the ones close to you with APPLES.
|10.||boulevard of broken dreams|
A song by American punk band, Green Day.
It is seen on track no.4 of American Idiot album.
Only a posuer would answer 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' to the question; 'What is your favourite Green Day song?'
Although it is criticised that Boulevard of Broken Dreams is a 'posuer song',as I mentioned above, its music video has won a number of awards such as; MTV Video Music Awards, Video od the year, Best Rock Video and many more. And the song itself was named Record of the Year at the Grammy Awards 2006.
me: 'hey, what's your favourite song by Green Day?'
posuer: 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams and...American Idiot!'
me: 'That's it? Don't you know other songs by them? there's tons of others! Like Redundant, Longview, When I come around, Walking Contradiction....(goes on forever)'
posuer: 'WTF are all those songs? who sings them?'
me: 'omg. just F.O.D. bet you don't know what that means'
one who enjoys band of all sorts. usually gets along wel with theater and tech kids, but not cheerleaders, football players, or chorus members. there are all kinds of band geeks.more...
some are even reasonably cool, even by cheerleader-football player standards. in fact, a bisectional (well, maybe it doesn't count, but she was a majorette and a sax player, which in my book counts as bisectional) won homecoming queen this year. however, i really could not possibly care less about these 'cooler' people, since all being cool in high school gets you is fake validation from annoying drunks anyway. not that i'm a loser, but you get my point.
some are ridiculously weird. one tuba playing girl is known to use food coloring on her hair and fingernails when she gets bored in the band room. i don't think that anyone should really go this far just to prove they don't care about image. but you see, there are all kinds of bandies and the best thing is to be in the BAND in-crowd. meaning you are part of the elite group of good-looking bandies who have an insane amount of fun all the time, and you're not necessarily well-known in the school, so there's no pressure to be cool all the time, but you're not really hated or seen as a freak, which is nice.
top reasons to strive to be in this group:
10. the band room is an awesome place to hang out and get away from the ridiculousness of normal high school.
9. it's true what they say: inter-band dating is the best kind. and no, the guy...
A talented actress, singer, and author. She wrote an autobiography, a solo album with one of the songs I love the most (Mono.) and she's the lead singer for Hole. She did not, I repeat NOT! kill Kurt Cobain. I HAVE done research on it, so I DO know what I'm talking about. She didn't do it for fame, because she didn't need it. She had her own band and was doing fine with it. Kurt. Killed. Himself. If you don't want to accept his death, that is your problem. But don't take it out on the innocent girl who MOTHERED HIS CHILD. Kurt is dead, and whining about his wife who loved him isn't going to bring him back.more...
She's not terrible, not overrated, yes, she was a junkie. But she went to rehab for it. Give me one legitimate reason that she killed Kurt Cobain. They were going through a divorce, not the reason for killing. Kurt WAS ON DRUGS! If you're hyped up on drugs and depressed...fill in the blank.
Leave poor Miss Love alone. "Untalented." You must have sold a lot of records to be able to make that judgement. I"ll reiterate for the stupid who constantly say nasty things about her. SHE. DID. NOT. KILL. KURT. COBAIN!!!! Would the mother of his child kill him? It's not a conspiracy, she didn't kill anyone, there is no case to re-open. Just leave the poor girl alone and continue to bang your heads to your Nirvana and throw darts to her face on your dart board. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
1. My life
2. The best way to make friends freshmen year
3. a great place to learn music (no shit), marching (no shit part 2), balance, dynamics :-D , how to deal with others, leadership, reflexes, flexibility, and more and more stuff...
4. About the only thing in in a Band Kid's life
5. usually comes with a colorguard attatched... unless you don't have one, which was a good thing at one time but colorguardies are sweet and I'm glad my school has one again
6. A second home... I live in the band room half the year, the band is my extended family, my instructors are awesome, MM is amazing too
7. Where we learn to "March Like Gods" as Julio says
8. Where I learnded how to BS anything
9. and turn any innocent comment into a very dirty one
10. Hot guys... most, and then some ugly nice ones :-D
11. An experience everyone who loves music should have
1. Band is her life! We can't go to the movies, can't go shopping... she's always as band-this or band-thatmore...
2. I'd say 80% of my friends are in the band... very sad but i love it!!
3. She can walk instep with her friends down the hallway with a lunch tray on her head, and her eyes closed. She's humming and fingering the show while she's at it
4. I have no other life as you can tell
5. I love my guardies! You know who you are sweeties!!
6. "The band room is my home," said Laura
"... the band hallway is my patio... unless the janitor lady kicjs me out," said I.
7. Heehee ACC
8. Oh yeah, just do your facts paragraphs in Mr. Eiler's class on music... which he knows nothing about so you cant be wrong
9. I was doing the robot in class while the low brass was playing their groove in Magna
10. Colorguardies love band guys.. proven fact... and everyone loves drummers
11. My life is changed because of band and I'd like it no other way :-D
The band room is your home
The bus rides your sleepovers... movies, games, truth or dare, and just being perverts!
The band wing is the cool hang out spot in the morning, even on days when you don't have band.
Social life = band. you have no time for anything else between band camp, rehersals, football games, more rehersals, competitions, auditions...
a band is a single unit that works together, in marching band, you find your very best friends, and your family.
and band can also be your source of injury like being run over by the tuba, or hit in the head by the colorguard.
in short... band = love
try marching 7/8 in the shower - falls
driving car around "snowflakes" in parking lot (actually chairs lol)
band memories...are the best ones I've got