|29.||lose your marbles|
Lose your marbles = lose one's mind, insanity, person who does not have common sense/wits.
"Lose your marbles"
I knew she'd eventually lose her marbles = I knew she'd eventually lose her common sense/rational mind
Have you lost your marbles?. Means the same as "Have you lost your mind"?
Verb, getting messed up. The action of being agitated in such a way as to lose control of one's rational/orderly/composed state of mind or being. Having one's mind blown. The word has sexual overtones, analogous to the word "screw".
Turn down the TV, it's tchouking loud!
He's tchouking my mind with all his conspiracy theories!
He lost his job, his wife left him, and he's being sued for 2 million dollars -- he's really tchouked.
Hey babe, wanna tchouk?
N. A negated meme. A forgotten idea which has been purposely eradicated or incidentally lost through lack of transmission within a culture.
c.2009 by K.A.O.; product of an overcaffeinated brain, transmitted through jittery fingers to the first site that would take it.
1.The idea that Macra ruled the human colony was now nothing but a neme. The invaders lived separately and routinely brainwashed the settlers until not a whisper of suspicion remained.
2. Some symbolism within ancient structures is now a neme and may only be guessed at by the modern mind.
3. I wish with all my heart that 'lolspeak' would become a neme.
1. to tell a bald faced lie to someone and then brazenly deny that this was ever done
2. to give a person the frustration of moving their keys, purse, wallet, condoms, or other object and to then claim they were never moved or the person had done it themself
3. a frequent tool in the slickery dick or slickery clit's toolkit for infidelity
4. an insidious tool in the hands of unscrupulous mind-screwers and sociopaths
5. to tell a lie (consciously or unconsciously) without regard for whether or not you undermine another person's sanity/ perception of reality
It comes from the 1938 movie Gas Light.
Tommy Lee was gas lighting Elizabeth Taylor until she lost her mind. Mr. Lee should be shot.
Courtney Love leveled Kurt Cobain, not just with the multiple affairs, but by gently undermining his self respect with a little known procedure called gas lighting. He didn't even know he was a pound overweight until he was 20 pounds overweight. Poor guy.
It is a sign of the slow progress of culture that something as insidious as gas lighting can fail to be widely known, except in a slang dictionary definition, nearly three quarters of a century later than the movie by the same name.
the definition of anything that you have lost and that you are trying to find.
after a big night being extremly off chops i was walking around my friends house looking in rooms and under stuff and they asked, what are you looking for? to which i replied, my staphoid-trimodgulator-whojacka-mapivi.
also can be and example of someone who has lost their shit e.g. mind, remote, phone
A person in an impossible state of mind.
Sven: Steve you look lost, are you sure you're all right?
Steve (In an obvious state of positive confusion): I am positive I don't know where I am.
You Just Lost
Jake: dammit! i just lost.