one of the many hellholes of the us. way overrated and overpriced.the only good things people define la by are the beaches, weather, size. other than that, it's a total nightmare. most people are either phony as hell or rude as hell, and don't give a fuck about anyone else. people who you thought were friends will backstab you when you least expect it. everyone has some agenda (be an actor, director, star, model, millionaire, etc.) people aren't upfront about anything. everything is covered in smog and filth, except for the extremely wealthy areas like beverly hills, santa monica, malibu. nobody walks anywhere except in the designated shopping areas. people look at you like you are a freak or something if you are walking. people judge you based on your car and bank account mostly. there are illegal mexicans everywhere. they are rude, loud, obnoxious and disgusting. the rent is so high now that it costs about $1000 a month to live in a dumpy little single apartment in a sleazy, rundown neighborhood. people will smile in your face, then stab you in the back, over and over again. it takes hours to get anywhere on the public transportation, and traffic is always terrible. oh, but the weather is warm and there's lots of entertainment.
"i wanna go to los angeles cause it looks so glamorous and exciting on tv!"
"i didn't get enough attention growing up, so i'm gonna move to los angeles and become a star!"
"los angeles is a cesspool."
|Los Angeles videos|
|los angeles images|
A massive tangle of highways and roads, also rumoured to contain people and houses.
I spent all weekend in a traffic jam in Los Angeles.
Second-largest city in the United States, after New York City. Located in Southern California and home to about 9 million people in about 4 counties. One of the most (if not the most) diverse cities in the United States. The largest city in California and a major financial center for the Pacific Rim. Competes with New York City as the cultural capital of the United States; most movies and television shows are made in coordinated efforts between Los Angeles and New York, although most movie studios have their headquarters' in Los Angeles.
LA has about a billion suburbs that are essentially considered part of Los Angeles as a single city, although the city itself has only a population of some 3.7 million. Los Angeles is notorious for smog and gang-related crime; seperate inner-city working-class suburbs such as Compton or Long Beach have been made the subject of rap songs talking about the crime levels that have gained some notoriety and earned LA one of it's less-enviable titles as "the Gang Capital of the World".
Fortunately, the beautiful Pacific coastline and the numerous beaches and tropical climate offset some of the not-so-good parts of the city. LA also has an awesome music scene, a great clubbing sector, and countless appreciative cultural institutions such as the Getty Museum to visit that provide the city with a depth, culture and history that are enviable. It's an awesome city. Watch out for the traffic though.
Person who has never been to Los Angeles: Man LA is such a shithole, it has so much smog and traffic and gang-related crime
Me: Have you ever been there
Person who has never been to Los Angeles: No but I saw Training Day
Me: Die please
1. The short version of the full name "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Poriuncula," which is what the city was originally called.more...
2. The city that represents California to the rest of the country. In reality, Los Angeles is as dissimilar as it is possible to be from the rest of the state.
3. An amazing city that is resented by people in most other parts of the country for assorted reasons. Supposedly, we're all liberal, weed-smoking, anorexic gangsters who drive around in SUVs with a Starbucks fat-free latte permanently grasped between our manicured fingers and dream of making it big in Hollywood one day.
Okay, maybe not all at once.
LA does have a lot of suburbs, but over time they've all sort of melted together. It is divided roughly into two main regions. The City is south of the Hollywood Hills and The Valley is north of them (there's no definite line, but you usually know which one you're in. I generally go by whether you're north or south of Mulholland. Probably if you haven't been to LA you don't know what I'm talking about). Some sub-cities in The City are West Hollywood, Hollywood, Downtown, Santa Monica, and Beverley Hills. Some in The Valley are Studio City, Pasadena, Burbank, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys, and Valley Village.
Truths: Usually you don't see people walking like in New York. We drive. There are tons of freeways. There is a lot of traffic and you have to learn how to navigate so that you don't get stuck on the ...
From The Ghettoest neighborhoods to the the richest neighboorhoods in the world, to the beaches , and best weather , LA is number 1.
yep sure is, cant compare to it.
a COOL place where the skies are smoggy, the sports teams rock, the traffic sucks, the city's broke, and the language of the future is spanish.
have you ever seen Los Angeles smog?
Home of the Mexicans, Blacks, Whites and Asians
Home of the Rich and the Poor
Home of Oppotunity
Home of Success and Failure
Home of Sandy Beaches and Great Weather
Home of Everything from Hip-Hop to Punk
Home of Bruins and Trojans
Home of Hollywood
Home of the Beach Boys and Linkin Park
whats not to love about the City of Angels??
no one can even compare
Born and Raised in LA
To Live and Die in LA
1. Spanish for The Angels.more...
2. A city located in Southern California. Los Angeles dates back all the way to the early 1500s. Thats even earlier than when the Pilgrims arrived at Plymmouth Rock. The Spanish governed first, then The Mexican government and now the U.S. L.A. became an official California and U.S. city in 1850. Since then Los Angeles has grown to become a city rich economically, culturally, and ideally. The city has everything you'll ever want. Los Angeles's size in area rivals that of New York's and Chicago's. L.A. has several communities and neighborhoods such as: Downtown L.A., Hollywood, the most famous, and Universal City. L.A.'s population consists of four main races: White, Latino, Black, and Asian. Latinos have the biggest influence ,of all the minorities, in Los Angeles. This a big reason why Los Angeles has developed to be what it is. Ofcourse Los Angeles is not all good looks and glamour. When a city like this has all this to offer you bet crime is not far behind. Los Angeles has its share of ruthless, despicable, and fearful criminals, but what major city dosen't have them? The crime in Los Angeles and all the rumors are what give L.A. it's bad name. All there is to know about this is either stay away or come see for yourself. Anyone who bad-mouths Los Angeles either does not live in L.A. or does but can't seem to get around this avoidable problem. L.A. is for those who have the balls to discover what it has to offer them. At the end of each day the...