2. To have specific knowledge.
3. (In combat parlance) To acquire a target to be fired upon.
2. "Yo, Bobby's got a lock on a kickin’ party 'round the corner; Let's roll!"
3. "I've got a six strobe. I think he's locked on us." –Goose in the motion picture "Top Gun" when an enemy fighter-jet’s missile targeting system zeros in for a kill shot.
2. under control
Many people that dislike the connotation that comes with dreadlocks have decided to call them locks instead. Women especially like this term. There is nothing dreadful about locked hair!
2. Just pieces of any curly hair. It's not used often.
3. devices used to close doors or diaries or anything you want "locked".
"Her blonde locks framed her face".