A word used by retarded white girls after everything. Its a substitution in their sentences for a comma. It sounds really ignorant and therefore they should be called niggers just like how there are black people that say "sup nigga" before every sentence sound ignorant, they sound ignorant also and therefore are niggers too.
amber: like hey brittany, i like got my boob job, and like got a tan, and now i like look like a rotted pumpkin, and like, i like, got my lip plumper, cuz like i have no lips, and like........idk..like, whatever
Brittany:like omg amber, that like sucks, like the 17 dicks that i like sucked last night, and like got herpes from, like WOW!!! that like is horrible! like OMG!
April 4, 2005 Urban Word of the Day
(Orig. to enjoy or a word to compare two things.)
1. A term used by many junior high and high school students for having a crush.
2.(v.) same as "said" or "spoke"
3.In some teenage girls, a word spoken in between each word in a sentence.
1.Hey Jane, I heard that John likes you. Yeah, he really wants you.
2.". . .and so Strongbad was like, 'And the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHT!'"
3. "Yeah, like, i think, like, N Sync is, like, sooooooo, like, cool and, like, dreamy."-some girl
A meaningless word used in teen-age American speech which may indicate, among other things a gap in thinking or brain functioning; a contemporary equivalent of "uh" or "um".
"He was like, about the same age as me, but like, I wasn't sure what he, like, wanted to do with me."
1a. Similar to.
1b. In the manner of.
3. Used with the verb "to be" in dialogue attribution (quotes).
4. Used to express:
(a) an unspoken thought or
(b) an emotional reaction, especially when
5. A filler word, interchangeable with "uh."
1a. My heart is like a singing bird.
1b. She sat like patience on a monument, / Smiling at grief.
2. There were, like, forty people in the theater.
3. He was, like, "Where are you going?"
4a. I was, like, What's wrong with you?
4b. I was, like, NO DAMMIT!!!
4c. I was, like, crying -- well, I mean, I wasn't crying, but I was so upset.
5. A covalent bond is, like, when the atoms share electrons, right?
Every third word used in the LA and Orange County areas of Southern California.
Like what time is it? Like I have no clue.
Like then I was like this and then I was like that and then I was like why are you looking at me like that and then she was like...
Like, OMG what are you doing?
Like, wtf language is that that they speak. Like, can you like answer like that like question?
1. A word implying similarity between two things.
2. A level of romantic interest that is not as high as love, yet not exclusive to sex.
3. An idiot teenager conversation spacer that is virtually meaningless.
1. Apples are like bananas, in that they are both fruits.
2. John is in like with Dave, because they are both fruits.
3. "So, like, I was like, 'Why don't we like do something?' <insipid high pitched giggle>" - Teenaged Girl with IQ 75
In the UK we call this a comma. Used mostly to introduce a qoute, it is also used randomly by irritating teenagers and people who dropped out of school or have never read a book above the literary standard of Guns 'n' Ammo. It can be exchanged with a number of other phrases, including I was all.
1. To introduce a quote: So I was like, "duuuude" and he was all "baaaabe".
2. Randomly: Like, oh my God, that is, like, so wrong.
A word used mostly by preps after every other word for no reason at all
Becky-" i like, think we should, like go to, like the mall because my dad is, like so rich!"
Tara-"Like, that sounds, like so totally, like awesome!" (flips hair)