A member of an American political party founded in 1971 who supports the following policies:
1. Defend America’s border, practice isolationism, and ban the draft.
2. Allow immigration regardless of linguistic or economic skills.
3. Ban government discrimination against persons.
4. Disallow personhood for viable fetuses.
5. Prevent endorsement of religion by the government.
6. Allow gays to get married and serve in the military.
7. Private all natural resources including all land owned by the government.
8. Stop regulation of money and currency.
9. Replace all income and property taxes with other unspecified taxes.
10. Mandate balanced government budgets. Eliminate most government spending, except on enforcement of laws against force and fraud.
11. Prevent coercion, enforce contracts, and protect free personal association.
12. Nullify all limits on private ownership of military weaponry.
13. Allow all non-coercive economic association and repeal all antitrust laws.
14. Rely solely on torts to regulate pollution and other externalities.
15. Depend only on charity to help the poor.
16. Allow all free markets to manage industries, including natural monopolies.
The Libertarian party was founded to promote personal freedom and responsibilty by only giving the state the power to prevent force and fraud.
A former Republican who grew larger balls and decided to say fuck the establishment.
I became Libertarian once I fully understood the Constitution.
one who believes the only purpose of government is to protect the rights of its citizens, those rights being life, liberty and property
liberatarians could save the united states from socialism if only its citizens were not so stupid
A libertarian is someone who believes that you should have the freedom to do whatever you choose, other than to hurt or take away that freedom from someone else.
The only reason for the government is to make sure that people don't take away freedom of another person. Any extra rules enforced are not needed, and are an invasion of personal liberty.
Clint Eastwood is a libertarian.
1)One who advocates maximizing individual rights and minimizing the role of the state.
2)One who believes in free will.
3)Not a conservative or liberal in the modern sense.
4)Believe in the freedom to do as you wish as long as you don't hurt others.
5)Freedom, Liberty, Minimal Government.
I vote Libertarian because the biggest wasted vote is for another evil Republican or Democrat.
If used in a non-political sense, "libertarian" simply makes no sense at all.
Me: I'd like a large popcorn with a libertarian amount of butter, please.
Republicans that smoke weed.
Zeke was against social welfare programs, but he liked his weed so he became a Libertarian.
One who wants the gov't to get the hell out of their lives
In Maryland, the Libertaian party is gaining a lot of support