Someone who actually believes in freedom
and has the courage to take that belief all the way to a logical
See also, anarchist
1. Wow, that libertarian communist doesn't need a boss or a cop to tell her what to do!
2. Mommy, why did Hitler kill libertarian communists, but my teacher never mentions that when he talks about the history of World War II? And why doesn't he talk about the American libertarian communists similarly executed for their beliefs by the U.S. government, like Sacco & Vanzetti, the Haymarket Martyrs, and Joe Hill, among others?
3. Libertarian communists were the first people to fight fascism - against the Spanish Fascist General Franco in 1936. Hitler and Mussolini supplied Franco with soldiers, tanks, and planes with which to kill the libertarian communists, Stalin worked to kill them through his contacts in Spain, while the rest of the world put an embargo on the Spanish libertarian communists. The Spanish libertarian communist revolution and war against fascism, along with the genocide following fascism's triumph, was the first real battle of World War II, which many people never even hear of. It is now conveniently forgotten by just about everyone because we live in a brainwashed world like George Orwell's '1984.' Incidentally, Orwell wrote '1984' after participating in the Spanish libertarian communist revolution and war against fascism, which he documented in his book 'Homage to Catalonia.'
4. Libertarian communist and webmaster Sherman Austin from Los Angeles, California, was jailed for a year in Arizona because he allowed a link to some other website to be pu...
A communist that actually is not a dick (like the winning majority in history have been), thinks you can only have communism if it is based purely on rational human self-interest and desire, and would rather not have a revolution at all than have one that leads to something worse than you started with. A person who wants communism without MarxISM or any other "persons-name-ism".
"My best friend is a libertarian communist -- he reads Noam Chomsky but doesn't call himself a 'Chomskyan'."
1. One who does not strive to create situations or at least institutions that encourage the practice of maiming, imprisoning or dispossessing others.
2. One who rests in the belief that an "organic" and "natural", though multi-national, community is suppressed by any number of incomprehensibly abstract laws and economic strictures. Such a community generally is not a community by contract, but is yet comprised of voluntarists.
"Libertarian Communism is a society organised without the state and without private ownership. And there is no need to invent anything or conjure up some new organization for the purpose. The centres about which life in the future will be organised are already with us in the society of today: the free union and the free municipality." - Isaac Puente