|1.||let's just be friends|
Basically the way someone will break up with you if they are trying put it nicely (see euphemism). The word "just" is the word that hurts. It's like saying, "Let's never go further than being friends. Never." Take out the "just" and it doesn't seem so bad, right?
"Hey Paul, I really like you, let's just be friends." Ehh, this doesn't work.. There has to be a "but" in there.
"Hey Paul, I really like you, but let's just be friends." Perrrfect. That one hurts more than a freight train.
|2.||Lets just be friends|
I do like you as a person, but I don't want to give you "credit" for being strong and confident, which you aren't, so I will call you "friend" just so that I won't have to give you a credit by calling you "boyfriend"
"You are a really great guy, but I want someone more confident for a boyfriend. Lets just be friends, okay"
|3.||Lets just be friends|
its a phenomena where the girl you have feelings for, strips you down to the lowest form in the chain of life, and then either gets with your friend or someone whose lesser than you. this situation is almost the closest thing to a black hole, once your in it, unless you act swiftly you will never have a chance to get out.
but this is how you get out the friend zone:
0. she tells you, Lets just be friends
1. your probably not in shape, go the the gym
2. hang out with her, dont call her, let her call you. dont bring up at all how you feel when you do.
3. if she's with another guy, make friends with him. study him like a cavemen.
4. find a different girl, let her know your not desperate. get some and tell her about it. because most girls "guy friends" have to listen about their bs, you bs right back about your relationship to her.
5. when she relizes her bf is a dick and cheated on her, you tell her how much better you would of been if you had a chance.
6. break it off your ur current girl, and go for the girl of your dreams.
7. have crazy sex, and tell her that it could of been easier if she just gave u a chance the first time.
this wont happen over night, give it 3-6 months
|4.||Let's just be friends|
This is an age old line, which women use to "gently" let down a man that has shown a romantic interest in her.
Women believe that this is a nice way of saying "No". In reality it is a horrible way, because it isn't honest and it generally doesn't come with any explanation. Any guy with a decent head on his shoulders can see right through this deception.
It is also generally a lie. Women know that it would be extremely uncomfortable for a man that just got shot down to continue to be around them.
It is therefore, a generally safe rejection line, as very few unwanted men will ever respond with:
"Golly Gee, Can I please hang out with you and all your friends, all of whom know about this entire situation?? That sounds wonderful!! I'm sure we will have just the most fun and be the best BFF's ever!!!"
Also, it makes it seem as if the man is a jerk for rejecting this ridiculous "friend" compromise,(when she so nicely offered to keep letting him hang around her and be constantly reminded of what he can't have) and further justifies in the woman's mind her reasons for saying it in the first place!
"Let's just be friends."
or "I am only interested in friendship at the moment."
or "I'm sorry, I'm just not attracted to you."..........
Wait, THAT one would actually be a welcome one! It might actually be honest!
Seen all around the dating world. There is no further example needed. You or someone you know has been affected by this phenomena. Speak to your local sheriff about serving in your community LGBF watch.
Remember, only YOU can prevent forest fires!
Basically when you fail to really impress a girl you end up in this shit hole. Its not quite hell but its not near heaven, its basically limbo, basically put you've got a football star who gets both his knees shot out and thats your comparison, very similar to your dogs dead but you can keep it if you want. See "I dont like you like that" and "lets just be friends". Woman's way of making trolling. Yes I have been trolled.
Bob: Hey Casey want to go out? *braces for the friend-zone*
Casey: Bob I don't like you like that I'm sorry lets just be friends
Bob: *thinking*: shit shit shit i'm getting the fuck out of this
Bob: Yeah Casey friend-zoned me, definatly just wasted 4 weeks of my life and a good chunk of cash......
1. A person who you would describe as more than a friend but not a girlfriend or boyfriend. It become completely obvious that you have a umm...friend if you have to think for awhile before introducing them as a friend.
2. A person who you have no-strings-attached sex with.
1. Person A: Where's Andrew?
Person B: With Jenna his umm...friend.
2. Person A: So sex?
Person B: Sure but lets just be umm...friends.
When you try to hook up with some girl, but get rejected and there is said 'lets just be friends'
Then you are Friend Zoned.
P1:I totally like Suzy, but when i asked her out, she friend zoned me completely.
P2;Fuck man, Good luck on getting out of the friend zone. LOL