A magical light that has no other match for it. It consumes just a couple of volts (2.4 - 4.8) and VERY few mA (20-50) and in return it provides a steady and constant lightsource with a lifespan of almost 11 years!
It's definitely a breakthrough in lighting devices since it's properties make it inexchangable with old fashioned burn-bulbs.
- High luminosity in low voltage
- Huge lifespan
- Very low consumption
- Immediate response in current variations
- Cannot compete bulb luminosity in high voltages
- Very sensitive to slight voltage changes (can burn very easily)
- Cannot be used in high voltages except with the help of voltage limiters (transformers/resistances)
- Does not work with AC currents since ALL diodes have a certain unchangable polarity.
Red, Yellow, Green are the most common.
Blue and White are more recent.
Other colours in construction since the light depends on the material of the chip nested inside the LED.
Leds exist in clear caps or in coloured caps. Clear caps usually have more power needs and also, Blue/White have increased power consumption compared to all other colours.
A LED can be used to save lives (like in medical equipment to show your alcohol levels in your blood) or even take lives as well (like show how much battery left you have in your lightning fartgun).
It can also be used to hypnotize some nerds who see it and just get mesmerized and can do most of the ...
John: Hell yeah that shit's crazy.