Lebanon has a movie theater that was cool until Mt. Juliet got a way better one. There are lots of shitty strip malls. There is a shitty outlet mall.
There is a fairly large population of rich, old Republicans, who are the ones running the government. They like to feel as if they live in a cute town with little shops and antique stores and Victorian mansions. They like to promote "Historic Downtown Lebanon." But unfortunately, there are not enough cobblestones to make Lebanon this picturesque. Also there is not a Starbucks. They should just move to Franklin.
The only people who hang around "downtown" are poor fuckers from god-awful Watertown (which is miraculously smaller than Lebanon) and old people who like to whittle pieces of wood.
Every year, Lebanon is home to the Wilson County Fair, which is the largest county fair in Tennessee. It's probably good if you like fairs, but you must remember that it contains a high concentration of Lebanon's residents. NYLON Magazine wrote an article about it in 2009, which made the minuscule high school hipster population piss themselves.
Person 2: Lebanon.
Person 1: Woah, you're Lebanese?
Person 2: No, Lebanon, Tennessee.
Person 1: Oh! That place has an Outlet Mall, right? I went there once. There's a Pac Sun there, isn't there?
Person 2: Yeah, and a Bath and Body Works Outlet. What the fuck is that? Even a mildly good store is turned to a shit "outlet" store in Lebanon.
freedom for lebanon
now THATS a revolution
freedom for lebanon
tourist 2-dont matter.
Sadly, there have been many religious and ethnic wars which have destroyed the country over and over. But, we always end up rebuilding it to be more beautiful than ever.
2) Lebanese are always capable of knowing each other's origins for some reason.
3)Our women always fight over who should wash the dishes while the men discuss politics.
4) We are the inventors of Frarabic (French Arabic), which I also like to call French Tourettes. Sometimes, when you can't find a word in arabic, you involuntarily replace it with a French word (Sometimes English) while replacing the "P" sounds with "B" sounds.
5) Overly polite amogst each other, not always polite amogst others.
6) It takes us about an hour to say good-bye (Applies to all arabs)
7) Our women have natural beauty. Despite their hairy bodies, they wax often so it does not show.
8) Ever try Kibbi Nayi, Tabbouleh, Fattoush or Hommous? If you did, you would swear off all fast food forever.
9) God save Lebanon!
Bob: Oh my freaking God! It's AMAZING!
2) Tarek: Inta min il loubnen?
Fadi: Kif 3rifit?
Translation: Tarek: You're lebanese?
Fadi: How'd u know?
3)Leila: A3teeni sa7nik, yalla
Lilian: Mish ma32ooli inti! Inti a3teeni sa7nik
Leila: Yalla, inti bi bayti, a3teeni sa7nik 7abibti!
*And so on and so forth
Translation: Leila: Come on, give me your plate!
Lilian: I can't believe you! You give me your plate!
Leila: Come on, you're in my house, give me your plate honey!
4) Ghassan: Wa2afni il Bolice mbara7.
Jiryis: Lezzim tintibhi aktar.
Ghassan: Akhad il Auto taba3i kamen!
5) Sans definition
6) -O.K. Bye!
-Bye say hi to your wife!
-Ok you say hi to yours!
-Make sure you come back soon
-You should come to our house sometime
-And bring your kids, too!
-Of course. How old is your son again?
-Oh, he's turning fifteen soon.
-Wow he's becoming a man
*Three hours later*
-No way! I thought he was dead!
-No he's still alive, but he's in the hospital.
-O.K., I think I need to get going now!
-All right, see you!
(Talk trash about each other once door closes)
7) -Have you seen Rita?
-And her friend Mayy isn't bad either.
-You think I got a shot?
8) -Dude, Oh My GOOOD! I went to this arabic wedding yesterday!
-I'm never eating McDonald's again!!
9) See audio on top left of page
The greatest country you'll never step foot in.
The right country, at the wrong place at the wrong time, always.
Plagued with old as well as new religious conflicts it has never asked to be a part of, egotistical, shitheaded neighbours involved in endless dick contests, useless leaders leading an equally useless corrupt government, and a population whose superficial minority overshadows the most kindhearted and generous people you can ever meet, this country was never given a chance to shine the way only the lebanese know it can shine.
Lebanon managed to glow despite previous destruction. It will glow again despite this one. May it one day find the peace it deserves.
-Me 2, i dont kno y we leavin.
-Lebanon is the only country in the middle east with no desert.
-The ancient Phoenician civilization is now present day Lebanon
-Lebanese people are an ethnic mix of French, Arabic and Italian. When the Romans invaded Jerusalem in the year 70 CE, they settled in the Bekaa valley. This is why there are Roman Ruins in Baalbeck. After the fall of the Ottoman Empire, the French colonized Lebanon and settled in and brought their culture and influence into the cities. The Lebanese Christians are Maronite, descents of French Catholics. While Lebanon is a middle eastern country made up of Arabic people they were also influenced by european cultures.
- Country with the best food in the middle east. Kebabs, garlic sauce, rice and tabooleh is the best!
- The only country to have fashion designers in LVMH outside of Europe. Armani, Chanel, Valentino, etc are all European, but Lebanons designers: Elie Saab, Reem Acra, Zuhair Murad and Abed Mahfouz have Haute Couture fashion houses in Paris and Milan as well.
- Lebanon is called the "Switzerland of the Middle East" and its main city Beirut is called "The Paris of the middle east"
-Beirut is the most modern and European city in the middle east.
-Lebanon is known for having the most beautiful women in the world. Men in all the Muslim countries are told in Madrasas (arabic schools) that they should Pray to Allah(SWT) to get a Lebanese wife. All the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models are Lebanese. Known for having beautiful blue eyes, amazing curves and million dollar smiles