1. something you say to somebody who is bothering you and you don't want to talk to him or her. Comes from "Later with you" or "Later with this jerk." And if the guy is a REAL jerk you tell him, "Later with you....MUCH later." If you say "lates" it's a mild way to say it.
2. something you say when something bad happens
1. Somebody says something stupid, you say, "Lates" means go away.
2. You miss the bus, you say "Ooh, lates!"
Later, I'm out.
"Fuck this shit dude, LATE!@"
Term used when a woman has missed her period and believes she is pregnant.
Oh oh. I'm late.
A chill way to say goodbye for those who are to lazy to finish the word Later.
"I'm out....lates yo."
someone or something that is lame( not cool, tight, crunk, etc.)
Tell that late bitch to sit down.
1. when a situation becomes sketchy
2. when something/someone is lame or not cool
Derived from situations where using the time as an excuse. Example: Billy, who is collectively hated by most people at the party, enters the party in a loud and attention-grabbing fashion. Party-goers say "Well, it's late, I better get going," when really they just don't want to be associated with Billy.
1. It got late when the cops showed up to bust the party.
2. Justin is late because he tries so hard to draw attention to himself.
good-bye; short for "later"
i'm takin' off -- lates, foo's!