Everything that's bad about the United States all rolled into one location.
A colossal waste of energy, in the middle of nowhere.
We have very affluent suburbs, many beautifully designed Hotels, and thanks to all the tourists a booming economy! We also have excellent dinning, mostly good weather, and shopping that rival that of New York and LA.
And to address the issues of prostitution and gambling, prostitution is illegal in LV and if you have a gambling addiction... don't gamble genius, simple as that!
Yes, it is true we have problems here but so do all large cities. Also on a side note our murder rates are lower then a lot of cities and our city’s "ghettos" are much safer too.
10. Ubiqitous all-you-can-eat buffets.
9. Finest restaurants in the world.
8. There are more strip clubs this side of the Mississippi.
7. 24-hour liquor sales
6. Residents enjoy warm weather all year round; it's shorts wearing weather, baby!
5. Suburban sprawl.
4. Nevada's unemployment rate is among the lowest in the nation.
3. Where else can you get laid at one of over 100,000 hotel rooms in the city?
2. Where else can you get married on a whim at a wedding chapel, then get it annuled 2 days later?
1. You lose all your money gambling.
Casinos weren't built on people winning money.
After 9/11, I suggested that in order to revive the economy here, every man should get a lap dance."
--Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman
2) tourist: Lets go to Vegas to have a nice vacation and to relax.
3) local resident: I moved to Vegas because the minimum wage is higher and they pay good money at the casino.
4) native resident: Vegas is a nice town especially father away from the Strip because you get no trouble and live peacefully.