1)It's a tagalog
word meaning, brother. Though many filipinos
use it to call a guy older than them with respect, even if they're not relatives.
2)Furthermore, a girl can call someone "kuya" as to cockblock
him, emphasizing that the guy is only a brother to her, nothing more.
1) I can call my kuya Francis anytime for advice.
2) When the girl Jon was talking to started calling him Kuya, he knew the she didn't want to be involved with him.
1. A filipino term used as a sign of respect to an older male relative such as a brother, cousin, or family friend
2. A term that Charles detests because people only a year younger use it on him to make him feel older
Dang Kuya Charles you're old
Is what JON, FRANCIS & CHARLES are called by some women or a majority of women that they come across.
You call them Kuya because either:
1. They are really older than you.
2. You want make sure they know that you don't want to date them.
3. You're just flat out mean!!!
Everyone sitting at Belzhar's House and Jon comes through the door. All the females come after Jon screaming "KUYA KUYA JON!!!" Therefore, freaking out Jon.
Haha, you guys are the OFFICIAL kuyas.
Knee up your ASS
Whats wrong man?
Angelo just hit me with a kuya.